Second working holiday visa stress!!!

gibbosl

Hey guys,

Basically I applied for my second working holiday visa on 09 Sept 2016 in the UK, which included an upload of my bank statements covering the total period that I undertook my specified regional work. I received an acknowledgement from the department the following day. I had already a flight booked onwards from my travels in the philippines for the 21 Oct 2016 to Sydney leaving at the end of October but by the middle of the month I still had heard nothing from the department and began to worry. I uploaded the details of my outgoing flight and 48 hours later recived a request to provide more information. After that I decided to fly home and locate my tax refund forms, some payslips and group certificates so i uploaded those and resubmitted on November 01 2016 and I've now been waiting 5 weeks and had zero response from the department.

I'm concerned because I havent had an acknowledgement letter since resubmitting, am i suppose to receive one? And now I feel like my life is on hold waiting for this decision, my whole family are flying out to Australia to celebrate Christmas and new year over there and i feel like at this rate I'll have to be alone for the holidays!!

In one week i'll have been waiting for 3 whole months since the initial application was submitted!! I have no criminal records or any dependants or special circumstances.

- wondering if anyone is experiencing or has experienced what I'm going through right now?

- HELP!! How much longer do I have to wait??!

Hi Gibbosl,

Assuming that you haven't made some terrible error with your Immi Account it seems pretty clear that they're checking your documents - short of getting a human in the Department to confirm that, which might be challenging, the best you could do at this stage is just lodge an online 651 application which would be good enough for a Christmas trip (without work rights) and might provoke the Department into processing the WHV application. The only risk with having two applications lodged at the same time is that they might grant the 651 after granting the WHV, in which case you'd lose your WHV.

Good luck with it.

Cheers,

George Lombard