Employment requirements for 189/190 visa application

peachybonbon

Hello,

I would really appreciate any assistance with fulfilling the criteria for the sub class 189/190 skilled visa applications.

Just a bit of background to my current situation - I came to Australia from the UK in July 2012 to study on exchange but ended up transferring to a university in Sydney thereby completing my degree in Australia.

This has allowed me to fulfil the two year study requirement at an undergraduate level.

I was then granted a temporary graduate visa at the beginning of 2015 which allows me to stay until June 2017.

I have been working for the NSW government since May 2015 but have only been in a direct policy role since April of this year (2016). I have done a couple of free points assessments and if I nominate my occupation as a 'Policy Analyst (224412)' with my native English language skills and education I am achieving around 70 points each time.

I was wondering how long you would have to have worked within your nominated occupation to be eligible to use it to apply for the 189/190 visa as I do not have the money currently to pay for a skills assessment from VETASSESS especially if it is probable it will be negative.

Thank you!

You say you are getting 70 points on your points calculations. I would recommend getting a second opinion on your points just to be on the safe side that there's nothing you have missed.

Policy Analyst on a 189/190 might be tricky - you would need a Vetassess skills assessment. it's also not on the SOL. I would recommend exploring employer sponsorship as a more fruitful line of inquiry.

Regards,

Richard

Edited by Richard Gregan

Hello,

I would really appreciate any assistance with fulfilling the criteria for the sub class 189/190 skilled visa applications.

Policy Analyst (224412) is not on the SOL so 189 is not possible. That means you will need State or Territory sponsorship.

Just a bit of background to my current situation - I came to Australia from the UK in July 2012 to study on exchange but ended up transferring to a university in Sydney thereby completing my degree in Australia.

This has allowed me to fulfil the two year study requirement at an undergraduate level.

I was then granted a temporary graduate visa at the beginning of 2015 which allows me to stay until June 2017.

I have been working for the NSW government since May 2015 but have only been in a direct policy role since April of this year (2016). I have done a couple of free points assessments and if I nominate my occupation as a 'Policy Analyst (224412)' with my native English language skills and education I am achieving around 70 points each time.

I am assuming that you are calculating 20 point for English to get to this score? Be mindful that this requires an English Test result at a superior level.

You may want to double check your score as "free online, self assessment" calculators are often not very reliable.

I was wondering how long you would have to have worked within your nominated occupation to be eligible to use it to apply for the 189/190 visa as I do not have the money currently to pay for a skills assessment from VETASSESS especially if it is probable it will be negative.

For skills assessment purposes, it will depend on your qualification as the employment experience required will be anywhere from 1 to 3 years.

For visa points purposes, it will depend on when you are deemed "Skilled" by the assessing authority.