going to be in Perth on Dec. How about holidays for Australians on this period?

frenchblue

Hello there.

Im planning to go to perth next month as a WHV holder. but there is one thing I worry about.

As I go to make money mainly,

I will have to start turn in my resumes into factories and some restaurants to get jobs as quick as possible without spending times.

However, December and January have normally holidays for people regardless of countries.

How about Australia? How many days they have for holidays on these periods?

Im worried about how many days and until when they off their business. Can I get jobs without problems?

Could anyone else give me some info about this?

Thanks in advance:wink:

December/January is the main holiday seasons - schools break up mid-December and don't go back to end of Jan. Most families take there summer holidays at this time and there are also public holidays for Christmas/New Year and Australia Day - 25th/26th December, 1st Jan and 26th Jan - if these fall on weekends then the following working days are holidays instead.

I am not sure what you are concerned about though, on a WHV you are only going to get casual work and the holiday period is when people are mostly needed so it's the ideal time to go. Target the places where Australians go on holiday and there will be plenty of work in restaurants etc. Thr only thing is uni students are on holiday so you will be in competition with them. If you are happy to work in rural areas I doubt you would have any difficulty finding work and that is probably the easiest way to save as accommodation is often included and there isn't much to do.

I don't think many WHV holders make any money though, it's more a case of working to support living in Australia for a year.