where on earth to live!!

Guest kitkat1

Guest kitkat1

Hi everyone

Im new and confused!!! desperate to live in oz but have no idea where to being looking to live. Any suggestions where would be the best place with a child?! would be grateful of any ideas.:yes:

Hi.

Australia generally is a great family place. So are there any other things you think will be important for you in your new life? Such as, hot weather or seasons, beaches or rural or city life, etc?

There are people from and going to all different parts in Oz so someone will have advice on all.

We are looking at the Gold Coast, QLD. Great beaches, loads of work, warm weather, tonnes for children, oooooo loads more!!!!!!!!!!!! Not cheap to live. But I don't think Australia is as cheap as people think anymore.

Kate

Id say Brisbane ,but i live here and im biased ,lol,, we brought our 2 children 18 mths ago and they have bothe settled into life really well.Adeliade,Melbourne and Perth and other popular destinations,what will you and hubby be working as? as they may contribute to where you decide to go,and what visa have you applied for?

Cal x

I'd say go wherever you can get a job and a house. If you have never been here then a quick visit might be a bit of an eye opener and you can check out what is really on offer - this place is just so big and varied you could get almost any experience you want.

Guest kitkat1

Thats great thanks! that was the area I was thinking of after hearing lots of positive things about it. We are looking to spend a month or so there next year so fingers crossed!

Thanks again

Guest kitkat1

Thanks! Brisbane is at the top of the list although ive never been there ive heard lots of good things. Its just going to be me and my son hopefully comming over but im currently doing my teacher training at the mo,failing that im a qualified nursery nurse so hoping that will help! We are going over for a holiday next year so will check out Brisbane then!

Did you all find it easy settling into yournew way of life over there?

Thanks once again

Hi everyone

Im new and confused!!! desperate to live in oz but have no idea where to being looking to live. Any suggestions where would be the best place with a child?! would be grateful of any ideas.:yes:

Hi Kit Kat

you need to leave soooooooooo much more info about yourself............. Australia is a huge country with so many different states so come on fess up dish out all the dirt!!! then someone can help you out!!!

Geoffrey

Hi everyone

Hi Kitkat1,

I guess you could narrow it down about according to the weather, some states are alot more hotter & humid than others & depending on how you & your family like the heat or not could be a factor in choosing where you go to.

stuju

• 4 months later...

Just in case you were thinking about coming to Melbourne (the city which is a 'little bit British') the weather is not as humid as further north (Sydney/Brisbane/Gold Coast/Cairns/Darwin etc). There is plenty of variety here as well, lovely beaches, lovely hills and leafy green suburbs (some of the newer estates are still developing of course - i.e. the growth corridor in Melbourne's south east).

Good transport, mostly! Great restaurants too! A nice place, lots of English people live here!

I live in the eastern suburbs of Melbourne, lots of good housing stock, think about moving further out too if you don't have to work in the city, i.e. the Yarra Valley (nice surrounds, lots of wineries!)

Hope this helps in someway! Just wanted to put a word in for 'cool' Melbourne.( ha! ha! hot steamy Brisbane!)

Archived