Sign in to follow this  
Guest jchrisj

hidden costs

Guest jchrisj

Hello everyone,

Are there any hidden costs/ bonds/ deposits that need to be paid when in Aus.

I am not talking about anything to do with the visa process, or a bond for a rented house.

We are taking £30,000.00 with us which will be aprox $60k.

And i want to make sure i have covered every cost in our budget.

There are mum, dad, and 2 young kids comming out. We are not arranging jobs or job interviews untill we get out there as we do not know an exact area we will be living in.

Any advice greatly apreciated

Chris

Guest The great escape

Hi Chris,

Just wanted to add a note to say good luck. We are in a very similar position. I am a Chef (waiting for pathway D to reopen) looking to move over with my wife and baby daughter. We are still trying to work out a budget for the move so will be following your posts very closely. What area are you looking to move to?

Wishing you all the best,

Chris, Jo & Lolly (9months)

Guest Ms_Fi

You'll need a car, insurance, rego etc. Maybe also to pay some of your utility bills up front or put a deposit down for them

Depending on where you go and the visa you get there's also school fees to be paid and def uniforms and school books etc.

Bound to be something else, just need to think about it!

Guest jchrisj
You'll need a car, insurance, rego etc. Maybe also to pay some of your utility bills up front or put a deposit down for them

Depending on where you go and the visa you get there's also school fees to be paid and def uniforms and school books etc.

Bound to be something else, just need to think about it!

I know about all the mundane stuff (i hope i got it all) as quote above. But are there any bonds to the ausi government to be paid. Or tax on our money we are taking over there.

Chris