Recommend kindergartens on Gold Coast

Gebull

We are relocating from the UK to the Gold Coast in March/April next year on 457 visa. I am trying to research what pre schools are available & cost for my 3 year old (4 in May). He currently attends a pre school 5 mornings a week. I can see there are a number of kindergartens but they only offer full days. Does anyone know of any that do half days? The closest I've found is the C&K centres who do 5 days over 2 weeks and are very reasonable fees. Any information/recommendations would be welcome. Thanks.

We live in the Gold Coast, Reedy Creek, and our kids used to go (one still does until this xmas) to 'My Kindy' at Varsity Lakes...very good, take them from 6 months I think right up to school age. They only offer full days, as do most on the coast 6.30am-6.30pm if needed, ours includes all food and snacks, made by a professional chef, and nappies etc too for babies. Our fees are $92 a day and our youngest does 3 days a week, totalling $276 a week, after the centrelink rebate we end up paying $216 a week....I think this is very expensive coming from the 15 hours a week free we used to get for our eldest back in the UK then their 3rd day was only £9 a day!....but different from the $216 a week we pay here.

Kindys on the coast are very cut throat and the demand for places is high. All the kindys we looked at (5-6 in total) all still charge for days when your child is off sick or on holiday, they even still charge for public holidays WHEN THEY HAVE CHOSEN TO CLOSE (if if falls on one of your usual days)!!!!! After our first year here we soon changed our sons days from a mon, wed, fri to a tues, weds, fri as there was someting like 9 public holidays on a monday!!!

The kindys are good in general but we wont miss the kindy fees once our youngest starts school in January!