'Information requested' immiaccount - some questions

SiameseCat

Hi all - sorry if some of these q's sound a bit daft!

I've been asked to provide my police clearance and medical results:

1. Where do I upload my police certificate? Under "Character, Evidence of" it only gives me the option to upload a form 80. Should I upload the police certificate under 'Attach more documents' ?
  2. Do I click on the 'Information Provided' button as soon as I upload the certificate or should I wait until the medical has also been completed?
  3. I’m getting a wee bit confused with some of the wording in the CO letter:

“Timeframe for response

You must respond to this request within
days after you are taken to have received this letter. You should provide your

response in writing. Please send your response to me using the contact details provided below.”

I thought the medical results were updated/uploaded by the clinic as soon as the medical was completed. But the wording above indicates I need to attach something additional in writing? ..

Reply as requested providing evidence that you have either done or requested what they ask. So use the link to send police checks or proof you have applied for them. For medicals send evidence you have at least booked or undertaken medicals, the results will be sent directly.

The 28 days is to respond to the request not to have necessarily completed it, after all for some people police checks can take months to obtain depending on the country and medical clinics can be booked for weeks ahead. We actually booked our medicals within the 28 days and sent the proof, but didn't have them for 6 weeks.

The email address is a '@border.gov.au' address which seems like a generic processing office email. Do they want me to email them back with my written acknowledgement that I received their email?

The confusing part is that under the 'Submitting documents' header it says: "Do not email us to advise when you have attached documents in ImmiAccount." So I don't really understand what's meant by 'You should provide your response in writing'.

I already have my police certificate and my medical is booked. So it will be completed within the 28days. Do I still need to upload evidence of booking the appointment?

Edited by SiameseCat

Well it says please send your response to the contact details below, why not do just that? Don't over think it they need to know you have got the message and are complying with the request. Let them know all is in hand and attach evidence then upload the police checks.

It is a real human the other end you know and they are not trying to trip you up, just process things efficiently.

Thanks rammygirl. I'm just over thinking everything it seems :embarrassed:

I thought everything needed to be completed within the 28days so I sent for my police certificate and booked the medical straight away. The certificate is already back and uploaded and my medical already completed. I'm just waiting for the results to update on immaccount!

As I still have time to respond to the CO I was thinking to wait for my results to update and then click on the 'information provided' button before replying to inform everything's done :smile: