Visitor visa 600 before applying 309

maulik710

Hi everyone new to here I have applied for visitor visa for my wife from India before applying for 309 partner visa it has been a month nearly have not heard anything from immigration department ,people applied on same day they got visa before 3 days and yet we have not heard anything , was that bad idea while I have heard many people did it and got visa and then they applied onshore , I am just little worried now and thinking about withdrawing visitor visa and apply for 309 visa first and then try again for visitor visa will it help ? Please help me out thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hold permanent visa here in Australia please I hope someone would help me out will be much much appreciated thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nobody knows what is happening with the visa application, you would have to check with DIBP.

However, I would not be optimistic. The tourist visa is for tourists and applying from a HR country with a spouse in Australia is going to be a huge red flag pointing towards an iverstayer risk. Would probably be better to do it the other way around, apply for the partner visa and then see if a tourist visa can be obtained for a visit whilst it is in processing.

Edited by Bungo

• 1 month later...