UK savings - what to do???

Catzog

Hi, I am a British Expat living in Australia. I currently have savings sat in a UK bank account. The money is just sat there not doing anything! I am keen to investigate investment options, I know that we can't invest in an ISA as you have to be resident in UK.

Are there any other options? I hate the fact that we are not making any interest!

Thanks very much

Depending on what your thoughts are on investment. We had some Premium Bonds before we came to Australia and have added to the amount since and rarely a month goes by that either one or both of us doesn't win something. OK it may only be a small 25 Pounds but that is better than nothing and there is always the chance of something bigger.

Mike

Depending on what your thoughts are on investment. We had some Premium Bonds before we came to Australia and have added to the amount since and rarely a month goes by that either one or both of us doesn't win something. OK it may only be a small 25 Pounds but that is better than nothing and there is always the chance of something bigger.

Mike

I forgot to mention the website for Premium Bonds is http://www.nsandi.com

Good luck if you get some.

Mike

Hi, I am a British Expat living in Australia. I currently have savings sat in a UK bank account. The money is just sat there not doing anything! I am keen to investigate investment options, I know that we can't invest in an ISA as you have to be resident in UK.

Are there any other options? I hate the fact that we are not making any interest!

Thanks very much

Personally I would have thought any investment fund that looks at the USA would be good.