Questions about 187 RSMS VISA.

thegoodoil

Good afternoon.

I am currently studying cookery and planning to apply for 187 visa (rsms) this April.

I am supposed to study until I get my diploma certification, but I want to cancel my diploma course since I heard that I can apply for the visa if I have certicicate 4.

Some people say that there is a high chance that the goverment would reject my visa if I cancel my diploma course because it might make them think that my purpose of studying is just to get the sponsorship.

Is it really risky for me to apply for sponsorship right after I get my certificate 4?

Would you recommend me to do diploma courses?

Applying for the visa (as long as you meet the requirements) is not a problem. You should however think carefully before cancelling your Diploma course, as it could have far reaching consequences.

If you cancel your Diploma and stop going to school, you will be in breach of your student visa conditions. These do not stop just because you lodged another visa application.

If you breach your student visa conditions, Immigration can cancel your student visa. If your student visa is cancelled, the bridging visa associated with the 187 application will also be cancelled. You will become unlawful and have to go on a bridging visa E. The BVE has no travel rights and no work rights. You can apply for work rights (which may or may not be granted) but you can not apply for permission to travel. Also your Citizenship 4 year clock resets.

Best to get professional advice as this is not a straight forward issue.