Anyone used transfur?

Mmirfin

Hi everyone we are looking to ship our little dog oscar to australia next year.

we have had quotes of alot of people but tranfur seem to be the best they also seem to be the most friendliest and quickest to answer questions but just wondering if anyone else has used them as the only reccomendations i can see are from 2012

thanks

I am in the process of using them at the moment to send my dog to Melbourne on the 18th of Jan and over the last few weeks I have become very frustrated with them. They are very knowledgeable and everything is booked however I have found their communication is shocking. I have had to chase them several times over the past 4 weeks and it came to a head on Monday this week when I blew my top with them on the phone as I had been waiting for info for 4 weeks (which I had chased 4 times) and was told they were sorry they were really busy with lots of dogs going out in Oct and Nov. Now I appreciate my dog is not the only dog going however when I am paying a lot of money don't tell me sorry we are too busy to help you at the moment as we are too busy with other dogs. Either employ more staff or turn away work.

The even more annoying thing was they sent me an email by the end of that day confirming the flights were all booked and permits were all through. So they had done all the work, just hadn't dropped me a few lines to keep me in the loop and I have been worried sick for nothing. Literally all it would have took was one line saying permit through then another quick email saying flight booked etc and we will speak in a few weeks when the next lot of vet works starts.

So in summary they are doing a good job but I feel their communication is not great and they have caused me to worry for no reason.

Also to add in terms of pricing I got about 6/7 quotes and they were right down the middle. What attracted me to them was there quote was easier to understand as had one "all in price" where some quotes had all sorts of different options, sold, silver etc and I found it difficult to compare like for like. I spoke to them on the phone and they where very reassuring so opted for them. I remember at the time when I said I wanted our dog to go in Dec/ Jan he said Nov, Dec and Jan are busy times so don't know why they are shocked by how busy they are. I don't regret choosing them and I know Honey is in safe hands just feel their communication could be better during what is a very stressful time for many people.

Edited by TheVixenator
typo

I am in the process of using them at the moment to send my dog to Melbourne on the 18th of Jan and over the last few weeks I have become very frustrated with them. They are very knowledgeable and everything is booked however I have found their communication is shocking. I have had to chase them several times over the past 4 weeks and it came to a head on Monday this week when I blew my top with them on the phone as I had been waiting for info for 4 weeks (which I had chased 4 times) and was told they were sorry they were really busy with lots of dogs going out in Oct and Nov. Now I appreciate my dog is not the only dog going however when I am paying a lot of money don't tell me sorry we are too busy to help you at the moment as we are too busy with other dogs. Either employ more staff or turn away work.

The even more annoying thing was they sent me an email by the end of that day confirming the flights were all booked and permits were all through. So they had done all the work, just hadn't dropped me a few lines to keep me in the loop and I have been worried sick for nothing. Literally all it would have took was one line saying permit through then another quick email saying flight booked etc and we will speak in a few weeks when the next lot of vet works starts.

So in summary they are doing a good job but I feel their communication is not great and they have caused me to worry for no reason.

Hello thanks for getting back to me. I do find that they are cheaper than the others please let me know how it all goes sooner to themt ime and once you have your dog with you id really appreciate it. i hope it all goes well :)

Also to add in terms of pricing I got about 6/7 quotes and they were right down the middle. What attracted me to them was there quote was easier to understand as had one "all in price" where some quotes had all sorts of different options, sold, silver etc and I found it difficult to compare like for like. I spoke to them on the phone and they where very reassuring so opted for them. I remember at the time when I said I wanted our dog to go in Dec/ Jan he said Nov, Dec and Jan are busy times so don't know why they are shocked by how busy they are. I don't regret choosing them and I know Honey is in safe hands just feel their communication could be better during what is a very stressful time for many people.

i have found there price much easier to understand also as i dont understand why petair are saying they are unable to book quarantine and it seems to add up!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey you both - i am fully confused too!

The Vixenator - are you using transfur or petair - i think it is Transfur, but if it is Petair then I would love to know as this is fair feedback. If it is Transfur then obvs i cant do anything about that :)

MMirfin - Petair certainly can and do book quarantine for our clients - we just dont pay for it or include it on our quotes. We book it and then provide the log in details for our clients to log in a pay for it. That way we can definitely tie it in with the flights.

And both of you - yes pet shipping quotes are confusing - i am afraid you are right. The reason for this is that there are many aspects to getting the furballs from your front door in UK to front door in Australia and some companies include a lot of these things so extra costs are few, and some done. So one of the cheaper quotes will look cheap, but then you add vet work, permits etc etc they end up not quite as cheap. So check out the quotes and work out who includes what and what extra costs you may incur and that will give you a better idea. For example, the Petair silver price includes flight ticket for your pet, crate and any assistance you need. The Petair Gold price includes flight ticket, crate, vet work, permits - so extra costs on top of this price are limited. I hope that helps and really, i am not trying to do a hard sell, there are lovely pet shippers all over the country and you just have to pick the one for you - but just check out the quotes as the cheapest ones may not end up being the cheapest overall.