experience in EOI

Bish1989

Hi Guys,

I submitted my EOI to NSW with 55 points as an Agricultural scientist (positive skill assessment through vetassess).

I have some issue in experience column.

There is one question in experience section: Is this employment relevant to the occupation?

I ticked yes for my job as PhD candidate from 01/2015 to now.

My vetassess outcome is as follows

employment assessed: PhD candidate, Canada (01/2015 to 12/2015) - This employment meets the minimum requirements for this qulaification.

However in points test advice:

The following claims of skilled employment made by the applicant are assessed as employment of at least 20 hours per week which is at approriate skill level and closely related

From 01/2016 to 08/2016, Canada

Date deemend skilled for point test advice: 01/2016

no of years assessed positively: 0.7

The following employment has not been included in above calculation

From 01/2015 to 12/2015, PhD Candidate, Canada - This employment was used to calculate the qualifying period required to meet the skill level of the nominated or closely related ANZSCO occupation

What should I do while filling experience part in EOI. Please let me know,

Seeking your advice.

Bish1989

• 9 months later...

Hey what did you do in the end?

Im Just looking to submit my EOI for the 189 having completed my first year as a teacher! And finally passed the IELTS on my 3rd attempt..Wahoo! (Phew!)

Ermm, as I only have officially one year teaching experience, do I select "Yes" for "Related Employement" even though I will not get points for this. For the rest of the jobs I have done prior I selected no. By selecting yes, on the final summary screen it highlights, English Language, Education and Employment as the categories which will award me points.

Question: Does that mean I should select No for related employment for my most recent/current employment this past year from sept16 - now? As I am not eligible for any points through employment.

Thanks! H

If your employment is related to your nominated occupation, then you should pick yes. For me, I only included the employment after 2016 in EOI and didn't mention about earlier employment in EOI. However, I mentioned all the employments while lodging visa.

I was doing everything myself, so I had no idea about this issue previously. But, I think in EOI, there is a section where you can split the date of your employment and pick them as related and not related.

Hope this helps.