Parents on citizenship application

flossybeth

We've just completed the on-line citizenship application which submitted fine, however I'm just a little puzzled by the fact that our parents appear as applicants even though neither of us want our parents to move to Australia with us (nor do our parents) and my husband's dad actually died back in 2007. When we filled in the forms we just assumed they were after the information as a proof thing especially as it wouldn't NOT let us include my husband's dad.

Is this normal and all will be OK? or is there likely to be some follow up on this?

Thank you.

We've just completed the on-line citizenship application which submitted fine, however I'm just a little puzzled by the fact that our parents appear as applicants even though neither of us want our parents to move to Australia with us (nor do our parents) and my husband's dad actually died back in 2007. When we filled in the forms we just assumed they were after the information as a proof thing especially as it wouldn't NOT let us include my husband's dad.

Is this normal and all will be OK? or is there likely to be some follow up on this?

Thank you.

Yep when you apply online, ImmiAccount does display your parents details on the application with the option to attach documents for them as well, but there's nothing to worry about as you will in all likelihood not be asked to provide any additional information for them. I think it's just the way the system works. I wasn't asked to provide any further documentation or details related to my parents. Hope this helps

Thank you.

This was definitely a citizenship application? Not a visa application? I certainly don't remember my parents being mentioned on my citizenship forms although I could be wrong.

This was definitely a citizenship application? Not a visa application? I certainly don't remember my parents being mentioned on my citizenship forms although I could be wrong.

Yes definitely Citizenship, it seemed to me to be overly complicated and involved - why they can't just link our existing visas with our passports and ask a few proof of identity/address questions I don't know. But still it gave me something to do for the evening...

And thank you Catalyst2012, so long as it's not just me I'll wait and see what happens.