Subclass 190 (Accountant: 221111)

Hi All,

I am new to this forum. I am preparing to lodge EOI once I have completed my Education Assessment with CPA Australia.

I wanted to ask generally; what are chances for getting nominated by state if I have 60 points (standalone; without 5 points of nomination)

Do let me know.

Regards,

Sameer.

Hi All,

I am new to this forum. I am preparing to lodge EOI once I have completed my Education Assessment with CPA Australia.

I wanted to ask generally; what are chances for getting nominated by state if I have 60 points (standalone; without 5 points of nomination)

Do let me know.

Regards,

Sameer.

Your prospects would depend to some degree on the occupation you nominate and the state/territory you select.

Hi All,

Do let me know.

Regards,

Sameer.

At 60 points I understand that you would have a very slim chance with a 190.

For over a year it has been pretty much only 70 pointers that are getting that 189, and so most 65 pointers are reliant on the 190, with a reasonable amount of success but I haven't seen much on forums of 60 pointers being successful.

One of the big things that does seem to influence the 190 is getting superior english, is that something that you have or would that help boost points?

Good luck!

Ferrets

Thanks Ferrets you your input.

I am sending my documents for CPA assessment. I will take my chances and will lodge EOI. Let's see what happens.

As an occupation that is flagged for removal from SOL/CSOL lists I would not be putting this to chance.

I am certain the 60 points has virtually no chance at the moment even with 5 additional for state sponsorship, as there is a big backlog of 60 pointers in front of you. There are other forums where the 60/65 point accountants are avidly tracking the movements, and no joy for 60 pointers.

You need to find a strategy to get your points up to 65 minimum, and preferably 70 that would give you the option of either 190 or 189.

All the best

Ferrets

Hi, need help if u guys. Want to apply for Australian PR but Which educational degree required for Accountant & Management Accountant code.

As I have done Bachelor of commerce (3yrs) & Master in commerce (2yrs) in finance.

My hubby did Bachelor of business administration (3yrs) n & Post Graduate diploma in business administration (specialization in finance -3yrs)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Ally,

Suggest you have a look at the below link, and in particular the modules that are required.

https://www.cpaaustralia.com.au/become-a-cpa/migration-assessment

My experience is from having a CIMA qualification which had a straight MRA, if you do not have the same would suggest an assessment with one of the migration agents from this site to understand the best way forward, including which body you should seek assessment with.

Good luck!

Ferrets

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Ally,

Suggest you have a look at the below link, and in particular the modules that are required.

https://www.cpaaustralia.com.au/become-a-cpa/migration-assessment

My experience is from having a CIMA qualification which had a straight MRA, if you do not have the same would suggest an assessment with one of the migration agents from this site to understand the best way forward, including which body you should seek assessment with.

Good luck!

Ferrets

Hello, I submitted EOI for visa subclass 190 with 65 points hoping that the additional 5 points from state sponsorship will earn me a total of 70 points.

In view of the highly competitive nature of my nominated occupation (Accountant: General), I have been thinking of how to increase my points and get an invitation to apply.

My occupation appears on both SOL and CSOL lists; the closest occupation that match my spouse's current job role is "Financial Institution Branch Manager" which also appears on CSOL.

My questions;

-Has anyone on this forum gotten a positive assessment from VETASSESS on "Financial Institution Branch Manager" or a closely related occupation? What documents did you submit to get a "winning" application?

-In view of the acclaimed tough nature of VETASSESS, is it worth it to stake AUD810 on their skill assessment and hope to get a positive assessment from them? What has been flashing through my mind for the past few days is the possibility getting additional 5 points from "partner points" since both "Accountant: General" and "Financial Institution Branch Manager" are on CSOL list.

-If we are going ahead with VETASSESS, would it be necessary to go through their Skill Assessment Support (SAS) which includes Document Checking and Consultation Services and spend additional AUD330 on that? Any special benefits?

-Beyond the advertised timeline, how long does VETASSESS assessment takes in reality?

Any ideas of the probable dates of selection by NSW for my profile: 221111: Accountant (General); EOI date 31-10-2016; IELTS Results L-8.5, R-8, S-.7.5, W-7.5 (overall score of 8); 15 point on experience, 25 points on age.

Please drop your comments/observations/suggestions/recommendations.

Hello, I submitted EOI for visa subclass 190 with 65 points hoping that the additional 5 points from state sponsorship will earn me a total of 70 points.

In view of the highly competitive nature of my nominated occupation (Accountant: General), I have been thinking of how to increase my points and get an invitation to apply.

My occupation appears on both SOL and CSOL lists; the closest occupation that match my spouse's current job role is "Financial Institution Branch Manager" which also appears on CSOL.

My questions;

-Has anyone on this forum gotten a positive assessment from VETASSESS on "Financial Institution Branch Manager" or a closely related occupation? What documents did you submit to get a "winning" application?

-In view of the acclaimed tough nature of VETASSESS, is it worth it to stake AUD810 on their skill assessment and hope to get a positive assessment from them? What has been flashing through my mind for the past few days is the possibility getting additional 5 points from "partner points" since both "Accountant: General" and "Financial Institution Branch Manager" are on CSOL list.

-If we are going ahead with VETASSESS, would it be necessary to go through their Skill Assessment Support (SAS) which includes Document Checking and Consultation Services and spend additional AUD330 on that? Any special benefits?

-Beyond the advertised timeline, how long does VETASSESS assessment takes in reality?

Any ideas of the probable dates of selection by NSW for my profile: 221111: Accountant (General); EOI date 31-10-2016; IELTS Results L-8.5, R-8, S-.7.5, W-7.5 (overall score of 8); 15 point on experience, 25 points on age.

With only proficient English I suspect you would fall behind others in the queue for a 190 for NSW; they take English language ability and experience into count.

Best bet would be to resit the IELTS - if you get an 8 in each you will raise your points to 75 and get an almost immediate invite for a 189.

Much cheaper and also simpler than going for partner assessment!!

My questions;

As your occupation is on the SOL, your partner would also need an occupation on the SOL in order to qualify for partner points.

So this is not an option.