189 Processing ... the wait begins!

5 minutes ago, MaggieMay24 said:

REMINDER:  Posting links or naming external sites/forums (which directs traffic away from this forum) is not allowed per forum rules.  If you want to follow the status of visa applications, that's what this forum is for.  Thank you.

That's so silly! I don't understand why you can't name something that might help others both this site and others are useful. This site doesn't provide ALL the info you need to keep sane! ?

1 hour ago, Dragonflygecko said:

That's so silly! I don't understand why you can't name something that might help others both this site and others are useful. This site doesn't provide ALL the info you need to keep sane! ?

The rules don't allow members to drive traffic towards competitive sites.  That's a fairly basic rule to any online forum.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dragonflygecko said:

Not really.  Posting links to other forums is a bit like going in to a supermarket and giving out leaflets for a competitors supermarket.  I doubt if the other forums would allow you to link to the one ( feel free to have a go though).

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NicF said:

Not really.  Posting links to other forums is a bit like going in to a supermarket and giving out leaflets for a competitors supermarket.  I doubt if the other forums would allow you to link to the one ( feel free to have a go though).

Been a member of a fair few over the years (mostly non-immigration ones) and I've never yet come across one that allows links to others as a matter of course. 

Hi Guys - just an update. It will be 4 months since I lodged my 189 visa on 20th July. I know a few of us have similar timelines; however, i'd like to hear if this is the case for anyone else. It is becoming so so frustrating and anxiety is through the roof! Thanks guys

• Like 1

Hi Guys - just an update. It will be 4 months since I lodged my 189 visa on 20th July. I know a few of us have similar timelines; however, i'd like to hear if this is the case for anyone else. It is becoming so so frustrating and anxiety is through the roof! Thanks guys

I see these posts where peeps are waiting 4mths 5mths etc but isnt the processing time 7mths???

Sent from my LG-H850 using PomsinOz mobile app

Ok understood. It's just extreme that's all. I've seen many people naming & linking to other sites across different forums and that's why people do it- to help others. This site is better for more in depth info and "chatting" / visa talk. The one that was mentioned was just a tracker ... 

Good of luck to all of you waiting everytime I'm getting a notification in clicking in to see if any of you have been successful. Hang in there once you get that magical email somehow all the stress and anxiety just vanishes and you'll never remember how difficult it was. It's 5 weeks until we fly and I'm still in disbelief that we have been given the visa. ?

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Dragonflygecko said:

Ok understood. It's just extreme that's all. I've seen many people naming & linking to other sites across different forums and that's why people do it- to help others. This site is better for more in depth info and "chatting" / visa talk. The one that was mentioned was just a tracker ... 

Good of luck to all of you waiting everytime I'm getting a notification in clicking in to see if any of you have been successful. Hang in there once you get that magical email somehow all the stress and anxiety just vanishes and you'll never remember how difficult it was. It's 5 weeks until we fly and I'm still in disbelief that we have been given the visa. ?

13 hours ago, Dragonflygecko said:

I bet you can't wait, where are you off to x

• 3 weeks later...
Hi [mention=240728]pm79[/mention] congrats! Did you get a direct grant? Or any CO contact? 
What documents did you front load with your visa application? 
Thank you@RavenBlue. It was a direct grant. No contact from CO. I didn't use any migration agent also. Had my medicals in Feb. Uploaded all documents showing evidence of my experience, applied for police check after submission. Also uploaded form 80.

Sent from my SM-A910F using Tapatalk

Thanks @pm79 I'm about to submit my 189 application and I would like to avoid CO contact too if possible! Already have our medicals and police checks. Did you upload any bank statements? I've seen some people say they did so for proof of income, but its not on the official DIBP website. Don't know whether to just upload them to be safe?

Hi all,

In case you haven't heard of it. Please click on my signature to take you to [https://myimmitracker.com/]

Brilliant for seeing when people get their invites compared to when they submitted. And same for visa grants etc....

If as many people could upload their basic case details (no personal info required). Only the details you see in the signatures of folks in this forum.Then it would be awesome to keep track of the progress being made for those in your own job code etc and just in general. Currently not too many secondary teachers on there at the EOI stage so would be nice to see more of those:)

Hope it is ok to post this here.

Thanks
H