189 Processing ... the wait begins!

I have been following other forum and was able to gather the following:

1. Visa grants have been reduced for the month of may and june as the 189 grant ceilings for the current financial year have been reached. This data is not available on the immi website however there is a mention of visa grants being subjected to planning levels.

2. the processing time of 75% of the cases has been increased from 3mths to 4 mths due to staffing cuts.

3. Following the tracker it is evident that the brisbane team is not contacting alot of people. Only the Adelaide team is

Hopefully things pick up in July

• Like 1

On 6/5/2017 at 15:23, d_rabadia said:

3. Following the tracker it is evident that the brisbane team is not contacting alot of people. Only the Adelaide team is

Yeah, my biggest concern right now. Seems like the Adelaide team is pretty active, whereas Brisbane team (which is what I'm in!) isn't active recently.

But yeah hopefully things improve.

Hi if this helps anyone we applied for the 189 visa and it took exactly 3 months but we never had any co contact at all, just the change on our status, good luck everyone winter in Perth is beautiful and sunny x

Thanks. Did you get an email notification advising you the same? Did you upload the form 80?
Also which occupation you applied under?

Sent from my SM-A910F using Tapatalk

Hi pm79, we came over as electrician, we went through an agency so they uploaded the form 80 and they received the email letting us know the application was successful, we have been in Perth for 16 months now and we love it, we both have good jobs have settled in very well, just saving up for the deposit to buy the 1st house, I know it's a pain the waiting but it sure is worth it x

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Kirstyj said:

Hi pm79, we came over as electrician, we went through an agency so they uploaded the form 80 and they received the email letting us know the application was successful, we have been in Perth for 16 months now and we love it, we both have good jobs have settled in very well, just saving up for the deposit to buy the 1st house, I know it's a pain the waiting but it sure is worth it x

Hi @Kirstyj - I'm looking to move to Perth suburbs, possibly as far down as Mandurah. Where abouts are you? I'm a secondary school teacher, 30 years old and making the move on my own. Ive been waiting for my 189 since 21st March..

• Like 1

Mandurah is a beautiful place, I love it there and have a friend who lives there so I go quite a bit, they have an excellent train service which will get you into Perth in around 40 mins, unemployment is very high in Mandurah so a lot of people commute, but it is a lot cheaper to rent or buy there and you are still so close to the ocean, we live in a town called Kardinya just 20 mins south of Perth and only 1/2 hr drive from Mandurah.  If you need anything else by all means pm me, and if you want to meet up when you get here (which a few of us have) just let me know, I am a hotel receptionist down at Cottesloe beach so I am living the dream, hopefully your visa won't be to long now, good luck I'm off for a sunbathe now x

Hi

This is my first post to this forum, would appreciate ur valuable comments .

My application for 189 visa has come to a stage where additional supporting documents have been requested by case officer . Precisely, I have been asked to submit PCC from overseas . In my case it is Malta and Bahamas, I have managed PCC from both countries.

Now I am bit anxious about final visa grant.

Would appreciate advise on following from seniors who have been through the process .

-Since only PCCs have been requested by CO, does this mean that rest of my documents are okay.
-Has my experience been accepted in full without any cross examination by CO .

- AGW how long for visa grant

Appreciate your comments

Regard .

Sent from my iPhone using PomsinOz

Hi lali, I had previously worked in Spain but I sent all my documents off together, it took exactly 3 months to the day for our 189 visa to be granted, we had no co contact just that our status had changed to visa granted, but I do know that once all your documents are in that is when the waiting process starts (well it was when we applied, which is over 2 years ago now)

• Like 1

Hi lali, I had previously worked in Spain but I sent all my documents off together, it took exactly 3 months to the day for our 189 visa to be granted, we had no co contact just that our status had changed to visa granted, but I do know that once all your documents are in that is when the waiting process starts (well it was when we applied, which is over 2 years ago now)

Hi kristyj

U mean three months from the time u applied.

Thax

Sent using Poms in Oz mobile app

Don't know if DIBP will ask for more documents at later stage. So far they asked for only PCC . Need expert opinion on that .
My guess is that they would have asked along with PCC . .... ??

6 minutes ago, Lali said:

That's was very smart of you . Guess this demand for extra documents might have slowed my processing . Nevertheless keeping my fingers crossed .

We went through an agent so they advised us x

• Like 1