189 Processing ... the wait begins!

Lodged mine on 1st march and had CO on the 6th.

He asked us to submit police checks and medicals but I've heard nothing since, seems to be the same for everyone, as all the forums and Facebook groups I go on don't have any good news to report.

When did you submit your police checks and medicals?

Yeah, quite a few on here who have completed applications around late March/early April who are still waiting, even those of us with COs assigned already.

I was hoping to hand my notice in at work (i'm a secondary school teacher) before end of May to leave in the summer; however, seems fairly unlikely I will have a decision by then!

Edited by joeh99
Spelling Error
  • Like 1

Our medicals and police checks sent through on the 16th march. I'm not sure if they've been looked at by our CO but it's all on there and no other info has been asked for.

im really impatient and it's only been 2 months since lodging. God knows what I'm going to be like if it gets to the 5-7 month waiting period.

• Like 1

I feel the same... Impatient and worrying it's been 10 weeks and I'm thinking what if somethings not right. It's hard to just forget about it when so much is hanging in the balance! :/ I was hoping to leave July 1st but not looks like September at the earliest due to work commitments! These changes really delayed lots of applications id say.

• Like 1

@Mrwilson Totally empathise with you - it is a horrible feeling but we will just have to sit tight! My medical was finalised on the 13/04 and no word since. Again, no idea if my CO has reviewed it. Surely we won't be waiting 5-7 months?!

@Dragonflygecko Only consolation is that 'no news is good news' and all that. It is very difficult to just put it to the back of your mind. I check my E-mails 10-20 times a day at the moment. It does seem there is a backlog at the moment.

• Like 1

Nothing o.O and I've been keeping an eye. Nothing is moving no one is getting CO allocated or grants! We took advantage of the high exchange rate and transferred $26k over into our Aussie bank accounts though! :P

Edited by MaggieMay24
Removed reference to external site

Yeah it's just a painful waiting game! I hate to see people "Woohoo visa granted after only 2 weeks from lodging..." It's such a stupid system! They haven't contacted my employer to verify my employment either so I think we're on the back burner. I'm just hoping to get it at this point, if I'm out there by Christmas I'll be happy! We just took a risk with the exchange rate as it's the highest in 12 months! We opened bank accounts online with Westpac based in London- so handy! Are you planning to wait for the visa before giving notice? 

Edited by MaggieMay24
Removed reference to external site

The problem is, there seems to be no real patterns, so it's near impossible to estimate a grant date. It does certainly seem that those who preload meds/Police checks do get their grant alot sooner. I think for all of us who submitted Feb/March a June/July grant is probably more realistic. I'm still 50/50 about whether to hand my notice in a work (im a secondary school teacher). I have 2.5 weeks to decide other i'm there until xmas!

• Like 1

It at least gives me peace that you both are waiting too :) so it's not just my application. Some guy on another forum has been waiting 6 months for an answer on his 189. Yeah that's a good point June/July  grant I have a feeling we will more likely wait in the queue until the new tax year. Ooh that's a tricky one, I thought my situation was bad giving 3 months notice but you have to give a term. Wait and see in the next two weeks if you hear anything, if not probably best to wait until Christmas and go out mid summer ? something to look forward too! 

Yes, there is quite a few of us on here with March/April submissions that are still waiting. I don't think I could last 6 months! I thought being a young, single man might mean my visa was granted quickly - obviously not! Yeah, not great that I have to give a term, just going to wait and see what happens over the next two week and make a last minute decision!

Contacted our agent today, she said this time of the year is usually a waiting period for many as the quota for visas for the year are almost met. Not sure but I think they renew them around mid June July time. Well I hope anyway. 

2 hours ago, Mrwilson said:

Contacted our agent today, she said this time of the year is usually a waiting period for many as the quota for visas for the year are almost met. Not sure but I think they renew them around mid June July time. Well I hope anyway. 

Yes this is what I suspected! ?typical right! They renew after July 1st... 

• 3 weeks later...

Had mine granted on the 17th May, lodged on 1st March. Now its been a crazy fast frenzy of work and emotions!!

We Fly out in under 2 weeks heading for the Gold coast. Still hasn't sunk it yet.

But keep positive as much as possible (easy for me to say this I know) because when it comes........It hits hard and fast.

• Like 1

Hi all, 

I have just submitted EOI today with 80 points. I have already got my health assessment done. Could I get my police check using ACRO website now or should I wait for CO to request that from me?

34 minutes ago, joeh99 said:

No reason why you shouldn't do it now. Its simple enough and takes approx 10 working days.

Thank you for the reply. I have my wife and 2 kids (7 &4) also on my application. Do they need police check as well?

On 2017-5-30 at 08:24, Dragonflygecko said:

I had my 189 granted on Thursday ?? keep in there guys it's coming. Wishing you all some good news this week ☘

On 2017-5-30 at 23:29, Mrwilson said:

Had mine granted on the 17th May, lodged on 1st March. Now its been a crazy fast frenzy of work and emotions!!

We Fly out in under 2 weeks heading for the Gold coast. Still hasn't sunk it yet.

But keep positive as much as possible (easy for me to say this I know) because when it comes........It hits hard and fast.

Congratulations to you both! So good to see recent grants, making me less nervous lol

On 2017-5-29 at 23:32, joeh99 said:

Nope, nothing from me. lodged 21/03 and replied with meds and police check on 13/04. Thought being a 30 year old single man might make it quicker! Obv not! 

Well Joeh99 keep us posted. With the current trends, we should be expected mid-late June for a grant!

• Like 2