189 Processing ... the wait begins!

I'm in the UK and a bit disappointed it's taking so long to be honest! We had hoped to be able to start our kids at school for the new school year in January but it's beginning to look unlikely. The initial communication I had from my CO showed that he was in Brisbane, it was in the address details I think (in case you didn't want to scan docs). I've heard that contacting them is not advised but I'm starting to think I've been forgotten!

I am in the UK as well and a british citizen, had emails from CO requesting addittional documents on 1st August and uploaded the documents on 27th of August and not heard since then.

I was hopping to receive the grant so that I could start applying for job in OZ, cutting closer to Christmas when everything will slow down.

Monkey1980 and javadxster,

I'm just curious: do you have other family members on your application or are you applying as sole applicants? Have you ever visited Australia? Do you have family members in Australia? Do you have other citizenships?

It's strange that it'is taking so long for you while others are processed in a month. I wonder if there's a reason for this

EDIT: Just realised Monkey1980 mentions kids in the application. Maybe family applications take longer to process?

Edited by SiameseCat

This forum is great. My agent recieved e-mail to say my skills assessment is positive. I was thinking i might do the rest myself and save £1700. Does anyone reccommend this or is it easier to go with an agent? Undecided.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

If you're a straight forward case - just do it yourself Claire! Read the info and break it down to it's parts.

It's not Rocket Science.

B

All,

I'm interested to migrate to South Australia state level immigration. I just wanna know whether experience in HR Manager of 3-5 years will be good enough after MBA? Also will there be any issue if specialization in Fiance but experience in HR.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Salman

I'm doing it myself and so far so good. Made it successfully through skills assessment, State sponsorship and now in the midst of the visa application. Only thing CO asked for was Form 80 so hoping that's a good sign. But if your case is simple, it is relatively straight forward. They're not trying to catch you out.

The wait begins, TRA received all my documents two days ago, while I'm waiting on a reply I'll sit ( and hopefully pass ) my IELTS exam. Anything else I should be doing while I wait to hear back from TRA? Many thanks, Andrew.

I think all you can do is make sure you have all the supporting documentation, and make sure your passport has plenty of time left in it. We had to re-apply for my daughter's passport as it was due to expire in March 2017, so got a new one before we filed the visa application. Full check-list of what you need for the visa can be found here: https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/189-/Skilled-Independent-visa-(subclass-189)-document-checklist#

If you are really feeling proactive, you can start working on Form 80 - it's a real beast and you don't need access to Immi-account to fill it out.

Hi all

Just wanted to let you know that we have had our visa granted on 21/10!!! Have put our time line below.

Good luck to all those still waiting for your visa I hope you get your email soon!!

Purplesparkle

Our timeline:

AHPRA submitted - 7/3/16 granted 4/5/16 IELTS - 19/3/16 ANMAC - submitted 19/4/16 granted 3/8/16 EOI submitted with 70 points for 189 - 6/8/16

Invite - 16/8/16 Application submitted - 3/9/16 CO allocated - 15/9/16 Police Checks - 27/9/16 Medicals - 3/10/16 189 Granted - 21/10/16

Hi ABG thanks for the reply, I'm using a migration agent but just wanting to stay ahead of them so everything is ready when they ask for it. My IELTS is booked for December the third in Glasgow so will be studying hard for that as I heard it can be a nightmare ( I need 8 on all subjects ) I'll take a look at form 80 and hopefully make a start on it.

Thanks again for your help.

I think all you can do is make sure you have all the supporting documentation, and make sure your passport has plenty of time left in it. We had to re-apply for my daughter's passport as it was due to expire in March 2017, so got a new one before we filed the visa application. Full check-list of what you need for the visa can be found here: https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/189-/Skilled-Independent-visa-(subclass-189)-document-checklist#

If you are really feeling proactive, you can start working on Form 80 - it's a real beast and you don't need access to Immi-account to fill it out.

The English test isn't that bad if you are a native speaker. I didn't do well in my first few practice tests as I was over analysing things. For example, in the reading test, things are often implied or can be inferred, and that inference is included in the answers. The trick is to only answer what is explicitly written in the answers. E.g. Text might say that "Jane was in a car accident. A by-stander called an ambulance, which came to the scene. The paramedics arrived on the scene, stabilised her and they left with her in the ambulance." The multiple choice answers might include options: a) The ambulance took Jane to hospital; b) Paramedics attended the scene of the accident and treated Jane. It might appear both answers are correct - but no where does the text actually say Jane was taken to hospital, so rather go with option b) that is explicitly stated. The other piece of advise I can give is don't let you mind wander in the listening test. I was reading ahead whilst the narration was on and almost missed an answer. The answers follow the narration so there is no need to skip ahead.

Hi ABG thanks for the reply, I'm using a migration agent but just wanting to stay ahead of them so everything is ready when they ask for it. My IELTS is booked for December the third in Glasgow so will be studying hard for that as I heard it can be a nightmare ( I need 8 on all subjects ) I'll take a look at form 80 and hopefully make a start on it.

Thanks again for your help.

The wait begins, TRA received all my documents two days ago, while I'm waiting on a reply I'll sit ( and hopefully pass ) my IELTS exam. Anything else I should be doing while I wait to hear back from TRA? Many thanks, Andrew.

HeyAndyvrs,

My TRA application has just been posted yesterday. How long from posting did you receive an email to say they've acknowledged them? I'm hoping it doesn't take the full 60 working days to get a outcome as that means I could be waiting until mid Feb! I want to be there in June so it's looking tight. When are you hoping to arrive?

Also can I ask, why some people front load documents such as form 80 and PCC and others wait to be assigned a CO? I would like to front load mine when the time comes but just wanted to know if that is only optional for some people, or some occupations? These people seem to get direct grants with a much faster turn around. I am so impatient with this, I really admire some of you and your patience when you've been waiting 8 months or so.

Can I also ask about work, for my role I need to give 3 months notice and so this is a bit tricky. My employer knows already that I have started the process and we have put down a end of June/July date as a rough guide; obviously closer to the time I will have to give formal notice and during those last 3 months I have to train someone into my role. This has me so stressed because like most of you, we want to get there asap after grant. My lease also runs out in July and so I thought it would be a perfect consolidation of life here in the UK (we have no family or close friends that could put us up in London).

This visa process will take years of my life- and that's even if we're successful :wacko:

Lovely to read all your timelines and visa grant messages! Keeps the motivation going...:chatterbox:

Edited by Dragonflygecko

Hi, I'm using a migration agent to help me, but it was less than two weeks from when they sent them that I heard back from TRA. As soon as I get my IELTS out of the way I'll start feeling more confident about getting my visa. It can be a really long process for some and quick for others. Just have to plan ahead.

HeyAndyvrs,

My TRA application has just been posted yesterday. How long from posting did you receive an email to say they've acknowledged them? I'm hoping it doesn't take the full 60 working days to get a outcome as that means I could be waiting until mid Feb! I want to be there in June so it's looking tight. When are you hoping to arrive?

Also can I ask, why some people front load documents such as form 80 and PCC and others wait to be assigned a CO? I would like to front load mine when the time comes but just wanted to know if that is only optional for some people, or some occupations? These people seem to get direct grants with a much faster turn around. I am so impatient with this, I really admire some of you and your patience when you've been waiting 8 months or so.

Can I also ask about work, for my role I need to give 3 months notice and so this is a bit tricky. My employer knows already that I have started the process and we have put down a end of June/July date as a rough guide; obviously closer to the time I will have to give formal notice and during those last 3 months I have to train someone into my role. This has me so stressed because like most of you, we want to get there asap after grant. My lease also runs out in July and so I thought it would be a perfect consolidation of life here in the UK (we have no family or close friends that could put us up in London).

This visa process will take years of my life- and that's even if we're successful :wacko:

Lovely to read all your timelines and visa grant messages! Keeps the motivation going...:chatterbox:

Excellent bit of advice, I'm spending my full weekend sitting practice exams so will let you know how I get on. was also looking at going to a two day practice course.

The English test isn't that bad if you are a native speaker. I didn't do well in my first few practice tests as I was over analysing things. For example, in the reading test, things are often implied or can be inferred, and that inference is included in the answers. The trick is to only answer what is explicitly written in the answers. E.g. Text might say that "Jane was in a car accident. A by-stander called an ambulance, which came to the scene. The paramedics arrived on the scene, stabilised her and they left with her in the ambulance." The multiple choice answers might include options: a) The ambulance took Jane to hospital; b) Paramedics attended the scene of the accident and treated Jane. It might appear both answers are correct - but no where does the text actually say Jane was taken to hospital, so rather go with option b) that is explicitly stated. The other piece of advise I can give is don't let you mind wander in the listening test. I was reading ahead whilst the narration was on and almost missed an answer. The answers follow the narration so there is no need to skip ahead.