189 Processing ... the wait begins!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 13/12/2017 at 21:12, Mbandvb said:

Hi guys as you know we had our 189 visa's granted in September 2017 and we are booked up to fly out end of January! :D I just wanted to know if anyone has shipped or is shipping out a dog?

Thanks in advance

Congrats guys!! How long did yours take once everything was submitted? Processing time on our application says 6-10 months ?

On 12/28/2017 at 06:41, laevans said:
Congrats guys!! How long did yours take once everything was submitted? Processing time on our application says 6-10 months [emoji85]

That's a generic time based on the latest 75-90 percentile timeframes. It depends on your circumstances partly, how quickly they can check what you've claimed, loading everything upfront, how quick you respond to case officer etc. The very quickest people getting granted are at a bit over 2 months since lodge date at the moment.

Edited by MaggieMay24
Removing reference to external site.

Hi guys as you know we had our 189 visa's granted in September 2017 and we are booked up to fly out end of January! [emoji3] I just wanted to know if anyone has shipped or is shipping out a dog?
Thanks in advance

All the best and wish you guys all the success.

On 13/12/2017 at 21:12, Mbandvb said:

Hi guys as you know we had our 189 visa's granted in September 2017 and we are booked up to fly out end of January! :D I just wanted to know if anyone has shipped or is shipping out a dog?

Thanks in advance

Hey

Not had our grant yet but planning to ship our 7yr old border collie over when we do. Had a couple of quotes and think we're going with Airpets. 

?

5 hours ago, laevans said:

Woooooooo we just got our visa grants!!!!!! I can’t believe it!!!!!!!! It’s actually happening!!!!!! X 

Hi, two months since the last submission  or lodgement?  Which was  the CO team handling your case.  Thanks

6 hours ago, SUPERSTARDJ01 said:
7 hours ago, laevans said:
Thankyou!! We submitted last bits on info on 7th November 2017, and grant arrived this morning! Two months exactly! Xx 

Wow, that was quick, they seem to be on the ball, how many points did you have?

We had 75 points on the 189 visa for a management accountant! Yes was all super quiet for a while then looks like they’ve cleared through a lot now offices back open! 

Hi all,

First post, but long time reader of the forum...

Submitted my visa application (IT Developer) on the second of August, with my wife (nurse) and 2 boys (5&7) coming under my visa application.  We didn't use an agent.  CO assigned after a couple of weeks, request for form 80 and medical/police checks on the second of September, which we sorted in a couple of weeks.  I've been checking for progress in a fairly obsessive way, daily initially, but I've managed to get a grip and have this cut down to checking once every 1-2 weeks.  I don't think there was initially an estimated processing time, but I think last month it started showing as 3-5 months, which has this month doubled to 6-10 months.  

Planning on heading out mid may to scope out the area, never been to Australia before, but all looks great and in need of a change after 16 years in the same job and living in the same city.  Leaning towards Brisbane, Sunshine Coast or Gold Coast, depending on availability of suitable work.  I was hoping to validate our visa as part of this trip, which gave us about 9.5 months to get the visa sorted.  If it takes longer then it sounds like we would have to all fly out again before September (12 months from police check) to validate our visas.  If my understanding is correct (?), it seems like you could end up getting a fairly small window of opportunity to validate your visa if your visa processing time is long.  Probably unduly concerned, anyone else in a similar boat? 

Despite being in a fairly advance position on the visa front, we don't appear to be particularly close to moving out.  My wife is definitely viewing the trip out as prerequisite to any ultimate decision to move out, whereas I'm more inclined to just go for it as we won't really know what it's like until we've lived there for a while, all being well she would then start her AHPRA application after the trip and we can then start looking for jobs.  It seems like she will find it easier to find a job initially, so hopefully we can find her a job first and I will try and get whatever work I can (may have to retrain in another IT field, depending on availability of jobs).  In my ignorance, I initially thought there might be some sort of assistance/incentivisation/headhunting for these in-demand occupations by states/employers, so you might get to a point (prior to going) where you have a reasonable idea of where you could live, what job you'd be doing and what you'd be earning (as per Wanted Down Under).  In retrospect, it seems like you really have to commit completely in terms of paying for emigration, quitting jobs, selling up, moving out and finding a job when you are out there.  I'm fully prepared to do this, but it's been quite an eye-opener and I can understand people having reservations and anxiety about the whole process.  Massive respect to all who have been through this, whether it's worked out or not.

Anyway good luck all, I'll let you know if and when I get my visa.

Thanks all for your posts, v. informative.

BFB

• Like 2

Hi, we have been out here 2 years now, it was my 1st time but not my hubbys, we live in Perth, such a beautiful city, we still have our home in the uk we rent it out, we will probably use this towards our pension.  The 1st six months were really hard with training and everything ( electrician) but we both now have great jobs and couldn’t be any happier, good luck x

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

So finally after around 4 months after our visa grant our moving date is in sight! We fly out on Sunday and I cant wait. :D

For all those still waiting believe me when I say it will be worth it, we thought this day would never come!

Good luck to you all!

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Mbandvb said:

So finally after around 4 months after our visa grant our moving date is in sight! We fly out on Sunday and I cant wait. :D

For all those still waiting believe me when I say it will be worth it, we thought this day would never come!

Good luck to you all!

Amazing good luck to you!! Have most amazing trip!! Our planning now begins! We move in September and have no idea what we do next lol! Where abouts ru heading?? Anyone heading to Perth? X 

Hi, we have been out here 2 years now, it was my 1st time but not my hubbys, we live in Perth, such a beautiful city, we still have our home in the uk we rent it out, we will probably use this towards our pension.  The 1st six months were really hard with training and everything ( electrician) but we both now have great jobs and couldn’t be any happier, good luck x

Great to hear your story! I hope ours is as successful. We had our visas granted just before Christmas and hoping to head out in July. We’re jumping straight in, renting out our uk house and taking a sabbatical for a year to suss everything out, if we find jobs I’m hoping it will become a permanent move then we’ll just need to sort out shipping our stuff (keeping hold of our uk house for the time being at least).
Good luck everyone! It felt like such a long process when we were in it but still hasn’t sunk in we’ve actually got them now. It took just short of 5 months for us from the day we submitted the visa Application

22 hours ago, laevans said:

Amazing good luck to you!! Have most amazing trip!! Our planning now begins! We move in September and have no idea what we do next lol! Where abouts ru heading?? Anyone heading to Perth? X 

Congratulations!! So whats next on the planning list?? We're still waiting for CO contact but hoping to head to Perth in November so would be great to hear how it goes for you xx