189 Processing ... the wait begins!

14 hours ago, d_rabadia said:

1. does anyone know how long it will take for them to tranfer the grant to the new passport?

2. When i used the update us section online there was no mention of attaching a copy of the new passport? Is that weird? All it asked for was the passport number

1. Almost immediately-as long as you`ve updated them, then that`s your duties done. However, you should still travel with both passports. If you present only the new one when you arrive, and they don`t query it, then this confirms it has been transferred to it.

2. No

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys! We paid for our visas on September 12th! How long before most of you got a CO assigned?? We have uploaded everything apart from medicals and police checks as pregnant and hoping to defer my medical until baby arrives! It's such a waiting game isn't I! Our visa is a 189 accountant with 75 points x

Hey guys! We paid for our visas on September 12th! How long before most of you got a CO assigned?? We have uploaded everything apart from medicals and police checks as pregnant and hoping to defer my medical until baby arrives! It's such a waiting game isn't I! Our visa is a 189 accountant with 75 points x

We waited 7 weeks to hear from a co, they then requested medicals and police checks. I’m not sure if that’s the norm though, some people hear a lot sooner

Sent from my iPhone using PomsinOz

On 9/12/2017 at 14:55, RavenBlue said:

Hi everyone - just to update people that we had our visa grant today!

Details in my signature (hopefully I've done it right!) - but we applied under Accountant (General) on 11/08/17 with everything front loaded, and got the direct grant today (12/09/17). No way was I expecting it that quickly!

Good luck to everyone still waiting, looks like hopefully things are moving! :)

Hi RavenBlue

Sounds like I am in the same boat as you but am a little behind on the curve as have only just submitted EOI.

Am keen to know what docs and forms you had to submit when applying for visa though - do you have a checklist or something I can look at so I am fully prepared if and when I get an invite?

Cheers

Andy

Hi @Evel1184 I just read through all the forum posts I could find to see what people got asked for, and made sure we had it even if it was unlikely to be needed. We uploaded:

Passports, driving licences, birth certificates, skills assessments, work experience verifications (if you're claiming points for this), wage slips from the period I was claiming points for, p60's for that period too, medicals, police checks, marriage certificate, additional proof of long term relationship (only been married a year so also uploaded proof of pre-existing long term relationship, including joint mortgage statements, rates bills, etc), everything which we had already given for skills assessments such as degree certificates, letters from HR departments, etc., form 80 and form 1221.

Basically anything we could think of to prove what they were asking!

Hope this helps.

33 minutes ago, RavenBlue said:

Hi @Evel1184 I just read through all the forum posts I could find to see what people got asked for, and made sure we had it even if it was unlikely to be needed. We uploaded:

Passports, driving licences, birth certificates, skills assessments, work experience verifications (if you're claiming points for this), wage slips from the period I was claiming points for, p60's for that period too, medicals, police checks, marriage certificate, additional proof of long term relationship (only been married a year so also uploaded proof of pre-existing long term relationship, including joint mortgage statements, rates bills, etc), everything which we had already given for skills assessments such as degree certificates, letters from HR departments, etc., form 80 and form 1221.

Basically anything we could think of to prove what they were asking!

Hope this helps.

Hi @RavenBlue the above is really really helpful!  I have everything on the list already and just need to get some of it scanned so it is ready to upload whenever it gets requested.  I have already made a start on form 80 and probably only have 20% of it left to fill in.  What does the form 1221 relate to?  Also, would you mind swapping email addresses/contacts just in case i have any questions re completing these rather onerous forms? :)  Thanks again for your response.

Andy

Hi [mention=220942]RavenBlue[/mention] the above is really really helpful!  I have everything on the list already and just need to get some of it scanned so it is ready to upload whenever it gets requested.  I have already made a start on form 80 and probably only have 20% of it left to fill in.  What does the form 1221 relate to?  Also, would you mind swapping email addresses/contacts just in case i have any questions re completing these rather onerous forms? [emoji4]  Thanks again for your response.
Andy

Form 1221 is more of the same questions, most of them are covered in form 80

13 minutes ago, ayda said:

huzzah delighted to report our visas were granted today! Submitted 31st May with 60 points . Meds, form 80 and police checks requested 2nd August. all submitted by 7th Sept.

hi,which was your processing office

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/10/2017 at 21:37, TeacherClem said:

We waited 7 weeks to hear from a co, they then requested medicals and police checks. I’m not sure if that’s the norm though, some people hear a lot sooner

Thankyou! Sounds like what we waited in the end!! All assigned and medicals etc done!!!! X

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

I'm attempting to frontload my application, so risked it and did the medical and police checks early. For the medical I know they submit directly to your application, but for the police checks do you just get the letters of clearance from your local authority and then the national one and submit them yourself with the application? Thanks for any insight!

2 hours ago, lhumphreys said:

Hi Guys,

I'm attempting to frontload my application, so risked it and did the medical and police checks early. For the medical I know they submit directly to your application, but for the police checks do you just get the letters of clearance from your local authority and then the national one and submit them yourself with the application? Thanks for any insight!

Hey, you get a certificate sent back to you once all done and then that's your evidence, scan it all in under same section as form 80, character reference section I think it's called. Goodluck!