189 Processing ... the wait begins!

Congrats Australia123go :)

We lodged our application 15/05/2017, all documents provided. Medicals cleared on the system mid June.

Had a look at the tracker this morning and it said ' Your waiting time is far greater than average, there is chance that you may be under external checks and/or expect an employment verification at any time'.

Anyone got any ideas what external checks may be?

Also I've just been offered a new job (short term contract) which I am thinking about taking as we are still awaiting the Visa. Do I need to update my employment details on the Immi account if I do?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've been waiting since 20/03/17. Sick and down due to the wait. I'm a single, 30 year old British secondary school teacher. I am seeing grants for visas all around my submission date on a 'shall not be named' tracker. I'd be keen to know if anyone is in a similar position.

• Like 1

I've been waiting since 20/03/17. Sick and down due to the wait. I'm a single, 30 year old British secondary school teacher. I am seeing grants for visas all around my submission date on a 'shall not be named' tracker. I'd be keen to know if anyone is in a similar position.

We have applied in same date still waiting

Sent using Poms in Oz mobile app

My friends - I am sure I am one of many today but just to let you know I finally got my VISA GRANT today! I cried for about 10 minutes and cannot stop shaking. In a complete state of shock!!

Good luck to everyone still waiting - I will still be a regular user of this site for advice.

God Bless!

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, joeh99 said:

My friends - I am sure I am one of many today but just to let you know I finally got my VISA GRANT today! I cried for about 10 minutes and cannot stop shaking. In a complete state of shock!!

Good luck to everyone still waiting - I will still be a regular user of this site for advice.

God Bless!

congrats man ! it's been a long wait .good luck.

• Like 2

God Bless!

So pleased to hear this for you! Fellow teacher here and been following your posts, could feel your frustrations/concerns and feel so happy and relieved for you mate!
Couple of questions-am I right in thinking you front loaded you Police checks and medicals? If so what is the date they've given you for last entry? I'm wondering to just do ours and get them on the system so we don't need to be asked for them
Good luck for the move

Sent from my iPhone using PomsinOz
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, TeacherClem said:

So pleased to hear this for you! Fellow teacher here and been following your posts, could feel your frustrations/concerns and feel so happy and relieved for you mate!
Couple of questions-am I right in thinking you front loaded you Police checks and medicals? If so what is the date they've given you for last entry? I'm wondering to just do ours and get them on the system so we don't need to be asked for them
Good luck for the move

Sent from my iPhone using PomsinOz

Thanks alot mate. Yeah, I have recently been so frustrated and anxious; however, that has all gone now!!

No, I waiting until the CO contacted me and requested them; however, I got CO contact within about two weeks of lodging the visa. Then I got my meds/PCCs done pretty much ASAP. The date of last entry is March 2022.

It really is entirely upto you whether to get them done now or wait until they are requested. Pros and Cons to both. If you get them done now, there is every posibility you get a direct grant; however, if your time conscience (as you have to make an initial visa within a year or meds/PCCs), I would wait until CO requests.

• Like 1

God Bless!

Congrats mate I am still waiting

Sent using Poms in Oz mobile app