189 Processing ... the wait begins!

Hi all,

We have today had our medicals uploaded and no further action needed :cool:. We have uploaded our police check certificates and submitted the additional information that was requested by our CO. So now I guess the wait begins for them to get back to us for more info or if we will get our visa granted :err:. Has anyone else submitted and are waiting to hear back? Here's hoping it isn't too longer wait to find out the outcome!

Purplesparkle x

Hi,

We paid for our visa on Saturday, medicals booked for 27th October. We are going to upload everything else this weekend. Hoping to have visa before New Year, so we can put our house up for sale in January, so we can hopefully move in June 2017. Exciting times! When are you hoping to move ? :cool:

• Like 1

I too am applying for the subclass 189 visa, having submitted everything including medicals by 1st September.

I emailed the DIBP to let them know I'd uploaded all additional info required. I then by chance looked at my ImmiAccount and realised there was a button that you need to click to confirm that you have uploaded all additional info required. so now my ImmiAccount officially said its being processed since 27th September, which makes me feel I've wasted 3 weeks not having noticed the button sooner once I'd uploaded all the docs.

Here's to waiting now :wink:

Hi All,

I applied for my Visa on 3rd August, CO asked for Form 80 and Medicals on 15th August and I submitted all of my info on 24th August. Hoping to move in January 2017 in time for the new school year. Seems to be no rhyme or reason to the Visa granting system so fingers crossed we all hear soon.

Edited by Marley24

I'm in the same boat as many of you! I applied for the visa on 7th July and received a request for further information (medicals etc) on the 27th July. Everything uploaded on 24th August and been shown as in progress ever since! I'm checking emails daily and logging in a few times a week just to be sure :wink: I too am hoping to be there in time for the new school year so struggling to be patient!! it will be good to hear when others get their grants to give me hope it's coming soon! Fingers crossed for us all!

Hi all,

It's great to hear of so many people in the same position as us. Like all of you we are eagerly awaiting that magical e-mail that's going to change our lives!!!

It seems so frustrating that there doesn't seem to be a particular approach to the grants of visa's! We have got so much going on as I'm sure all of you have too! We are currently a few weeks into the process of selling our house, tentatively looking for a rental but can't do anything about that until we exchange contracts on the house! Looking to see what jobs are out there but we're not going to apply until we get our visa granted. Things seem so up in the air and feel like we are constantly waiting on other people! We are just so excited about the future and would love it to start our next adventure sooner rather than later!!

We are hoping to head over to either Queensland or Adelaide. Where is everybody else heading to?

Looking forward to seeing all your updates and staying in touch!

Purplesparkle x

Congratulations Marley24! You must be so relieved (and excited!!) it's good to know they're still granting visas ;-) could I ask a couple of questions? Did you claim work experience (as I've heard that waiting for confirmation of this can slow grants)? And which state was your Company based in? Still keeping my fingers and toes crossed here!

Guest KE11MCD

Hey Guys,

I am currently on a 457 visa and I submitted for 189 visa on 1st Sept, CO contact on the 14th Sept, Form 80 requested and submitted on the 15th Sept and now the long wait begins...

Currently onshore in Adelaide.... I'm hoping for a quick turn around.

Good luck to everyone and cant wait to see everyone's progress

Sometimes you can't predict grant dates. We front loaded medicals and police checks and submitted on 29th Jan, with direct grant on 12th Feb. No form 80, but I had scanned and loaded a lot of supporting documentation ;-)

Good luck everyone...it is worth it...sitting here now having a beer in Brisbane :)

Edited by Ferrets

I'm in similar situation. Applied beginning of September, pcc and medical uploaded end of September. No contact yet from anyone...hoping the only thing I'll hear is "your visa has been approved "!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

looks as if me and Monkey1980 is sharing the same time line and submission. 3 months processing has passed for both of us, I guess it will be a long wait

I'm in the same boat as many of you! I applied for the visa on 7th July and received a request for further information (medicals etc) on the 27th July. Everything uploaded on 24th August and been shown as in progress ever since! I'm checking emails daily and logging in a few times a week just to be sure :wink: I too am hoping to be there in time for the new school year so struggling to be patient!! it will be good to hear when others get their grants to give me hope it's coming soon! Fingers crossed for us all!

Hey javadxster, I am still waiting (admittedly less patiently than I was...) I have read other threads where people were kept waiting and it seemed to be due, in part, to slow responses from previous employers but as I am not claiming points for work experience I had hoped my application would be more straightforward! My CO is based in the Brisbane office, how about you?!

Hi Monkey1980 and javadxster.

Just wondered if you were both located in UK? That's a long time to wait for you guys. Weird why some people get their grant within a month, others 3 and some others longer, if they are straightforward cases.

Can I ask how you found out where your case officer is located? Thanks