Partner visa (subclasses 820/801)

scorpiogirlph

Quick updates - applied my Bridging VISA B, received grant notification 7 working days later.

Rang the department (due to the urgency of bridging visa B) and asked for an update of 820 application - processing time is now increased to 16-18 months.

But immigration website still showing 12-15 months. So not sure what's the story.

No news from the department yet, will ring again if we hear nothing by end of this month (15 month mark).

Quick updates - applied my Bridging VISA B, received grant notification 7 working days later.

Rang the department (due to the urgency of bridging visa B) and asked for an update of 820 application - processing time is now increased to 16-18 months.

But immigration website still showing 12-15 months. So not sure what's the story.

No news from the department yet, will ring again if we hear nothing by end of this month (15 month mark).

Congratulations on your Bridging visa B Cherrygn, at least you can travel now!

Wonder why the waiting time has been increased to 18 months, that is really long time!

I still haven't had any contact from immi... Hope you get your 820 approval soon!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys

I am preparing all my papers to submit, do you all do your medicals prior to submitting please? Anyone had to apply for work rights under hardship? I am losing my job on 23 December and will need to apply for hardship to work if they canel my 457 visa. worried its takign so long to process eh1 18 months is a long time with no job if thats the case!

thanks

KEZ

Hi Kezzles,

I did my medical before submitting the application, but many people wait till they are asked for it.

And when you have applied for 820, they don't cancel your 457 visa. At least that's what happened with me. So if you can find someone to sponsor you on 457 would be ideal.

Hi Kezzles,

I did my medical before submitting the application, Buthelezi many people wait till they are asked for it.

And when you have applied for 820, they don't cancel your 457 visa. At least that's what happened with me. So if you can find someone to sponsor you on 457 would be ideal.

Hi

thanks for your reply! I'm hoping they don't cancel it! I've been applying for roles and got to the final stages twice Awaiting an outcome of an interview from Friday! Getting close to Xmas now do market is quiet. How long you been waiting Ng?

Hi

thanks for your reply! I'm hoping they don't cancel it! I've been applying for roles and got to the final stages twice Awaiting an outcome of an interview from Friday! Getting close to Xmas now do market is quiet. How long you been waiting Ng?

No worries! From my experience, they won't cancel it!

I've been waiting almost 12 months now...

Hey Cherrygn,

Any news with your case?

Hi Missblue,

No. No one contact me to request more information. No notification of grant either.

We hope to hear something (hopefully by December) before we have to travel!

Hopefully no news is good news.

Will definitely let you know if we hear anything from the department.

I really wish and hope you could get your visa grant really soon <3

:no: I rang again today, hoping for a nicer lady to provide me with more detail.

And guess what! I will hit the 14 months mark by this Sunday, we have been told that no case officer is allocated yet!

:cry:I wont ring them again until next month:cry::arghh:

[h=2]Hi Kezzles,

I and my husband made sure that we have the complete paperworks that Immi was requiring when we submit our application. Which means all was intact and have medical result/s submitted to them from the accredited clinic assigned to us. And to answer some of your question, I believe you have a solution... I just wish or hope that it will not affect or slows down the process or your visa grant as they trust us through our paperworks that at least our partners will be able to support us here while we are waiting for respective visas we are aiming for. But as long as the relationship is genuine i think all will be okay...

20. I am the holder of a bridging visa, do I have any work restrictions?[/h]If you lodged your partner visa application on or after Saturday 24 November 2012 and were granted a Bridging Visa A (BVA) at that time, then your BVA was issued without any work restrictions, irrespective of the conditions that were applicable to the substantive visa (eg student, visitor, 457) you held at time of lodgement of the partner visa application. Please note that you will continue to be subject to the conditions (including any work restrictions) applicable to your substantive visa until that visa ceases, at which time your BVA will come into effect and you may work without restriction. Note that it is not possible to change the conditions applicable to any substantive visa that is still in effect.

If you were granted a Bridging Visa C or E (BVC, BVE) when you lodged your partner visa application, irrespective of the date of that application, your BVC/BVE will have a ‘no work’ condition. You may apply to have that condition removed if you are experiencing financial hardship. To apply for removal of this condition, download Form 1005 from our website and send it to us at the address provided in your partner visa application acknowledgement letter: http://www.border.gov.au/Forms/Documents/1005.pdf

Hi Missblue,

No. No one contact me to request more information. No notification of grant either.

We hope to hear something (hopefully by December) before we have to travel!

Hopefully no news is good news.

Will definitely let you know if we hear anything from the department.

Hey Cherrygn,

Thanks for your reply!

There have been some visa grants on other forums! Hope there will be some more approvals to come and we are all part of it!

Hi all, hope you have some news soon!

For us it's - DOL: 15/02/2016, DOA: 16/02/2016, Bridging Visa B obtained last month..going home to the UK for Christmas..hoping we would have heard by no but reading the comments it seems as though it may be delayed beyond the 12-15 months as per the immi site :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...

For you to be able to make an appointment with bupa, you need hap number. And, from memory, I think you get that by creating a health assessment application in your immi account. I did the same thing, and now that I have hit the 12 months mark I am regretting it. I should've done it few months after I lodge the 820 application.

But it is your personal choice if you want to do it before or after the lodgement of the application.

• 2 weeks later...
Hey how did you go about arranging the medical befor eyou lodged please? do I need a hap number?

Given how long this visa is taking to process, I'd really not worry about getting it done before lodging.

• 4 weeks later...
Hey Cherrygn,

Any news?

Nothing on my end....

Sorry Missblue, I am just back from Holiday.

No, no news (other than granting us the bridging visa B).

We just realised the Sri Lankan police check is expired, so will call them once we upload the new one.

No point to call them before hands.

• 1 month later...