Is there lots of work in Perth?

Perthbum

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A someone looking to buy I have been watching the market drop even before I moved over. I'm intrigued how far you think property will drop by further Flag? Or anyone else for that matter!

The popular beachside suburbs and some close to the City, like Subiaco, won't be falling too much.

Depends what you want. I reckon there will be further falls in places like Ellenbrook and even the beachside suburbs further North and South where they've been building those new estates for years, cramming houses on smaller plots with massive amounts of land clearing. So it takes a few years for the suburbs to look OK.

If you have a lot of cash I think there are some fantastic buys around the mil mark. I saw a house in Mindarie, right on the water with its own boat ramp for 1.3 mil. If we had that sort of money it looked a good buy.

A someone looking to buy I have been watching the market drop even before I moved over. I'm intrigued how far you think property will drop by further Flag? Or anyone else for that matter!

I'd hold onto my dosh and observe the market. The market is in a poor state. Some of the big suburbs in prices have indeed been hit. Still hardly affordable though. I don't see any reason why Perth should not get further declines do you? Still for most intents and purposes an over priced city. I note these days, unlike a year and further back, the Perth clique that were in denial are not debating the matter. Indeed some have drifted off into the sunset.

The popular beachside suburbs and some close to the City, like Subiaco, won't be falling too much.

Depends what you want. I reckon there will be further falls in places like Ellenbrook and even the beachside suburbs further North and South where they've been building those new estates for years, cramming houses on smaller plots with massive amounts of land clearing. So it takes a few years for the suburbs to look OK.

If you have a lot of cash I think there are some fantastic buys around the mil mark. I saw a house in Mindarie, right on the water with its own boat ramp for 1.3 mil. If we had that sort of money it looked a good buy.

You consider that a good buy for a place like Mindarie?

People have been predicting the downturn in Perth every year since we arrived in 2008. And yeah, it looks like its finally happening but then again, had to at some point didn't it? I don't really think there's any fantastic fiscal fortune-telling at work here.

Also, the gusto with which some people seem to be lapping it up makes uncomfortable reading to be honest, very mean-spirited to say the least.

I'd hold onto my dosh and observe the market. The market is in a poor state. Some of the big suburbs in prices have indeed been hit. Still hardly affordable though. I don't see any reason why Perth should not get further declines do you? Still for most intents and purposes an over priced city. I note these days, unlike a year and further back, the Perth clique that were in denial are not debating the matter. Indeed some have drifted off into the sunset.

Buyers market now though.... so many places on the market at good prices....

now you have me worried about arriving there, did well before but this time I am concerned, son tends to portray Perth as full of rainbows still, as he of course wants me there. I have gas fitter ticket and HR li but really concerned. renting house here now and rent from that should cover rental there, but that elusive job at 55 looks to be meaning a lot of patience if i waited 6 months a lot can happen here and there. £ plummeted again doh!

People have been predicting the downturn in Perth every year since we arrived in 2008. And yeah, it looks like its finally happening but then again, had to at some point didn't it? I don't really think there's any fantastic fiscal fortune-telling at work here.

Also, the gusto with which some people seem to be lapping it up makes uncomfortable reading to be honest, very mean-spirited to say the least.

Sydney and Melbourne aren't falling. This has to be directly related to the mining boom.

I don't yet find it a buyers market, regardless of realty spiel. The market has further to fall and over a longer period of time. Thing being more are only just recently more awake to the fact that things are not so ripe.

I'd be waiting if it were me wanting to re enter the market. Looking at houses down south yesterday, overpriced in my view by a considerable sum.

Sydney and Melbourne aren't falling. This has to be directly related to the mining boom.

Also WA doesn't have the Chinese interest. I do expect those city's will see a declining interest soon though. Well Sydney, may hold out, longer, and another interest rate cut will only prolong the pain. Fact being those not already in the market are coming ever closer to exclusion, due to affordability.

Cottesloe down 13%.

Ellenbrook down 3.4%

The miners who are leaving weren't living in Ellenbrook methinks

Just the other day at a cost to the Peppy Council of close to $100,000. It was quite an event with loads of spectators present.The council will attempt to recoup the losses on sale of the land.

Trust me the shire can absorb $100k quite easily I've seen a catering and wine bill for a council meeting!

House next door to mine on the market. Speaking with the owner yesterday, the price the real estate agent him, was frankly astronomical. If anything a 10% rise on a year ago. Of course they want his business, but really little acknowledge of a down turn in what is being asked there. Now rents on the other hand, have dropped considerably.