Exporting my dog

Guest Badger Brock

Guest Badger Brock

I am taking my dog (once she has cleared all the blood tests etc).

Could anyone who used Eastern Creek, Sydney quarantine station, tell me about their experience and any useful tips. ie nearby b&b accommodation (so I can visit her), whether you can pay extra for kennel maid to excercise her.

Im thinking of using Air Pets to do the arrangements, has anyone used them? Im so stressed as I had her annual vaccination done in March so hoping she will be clear by October to travel. Not going to buy my ticket till she has cleared. Any advice gratefully accepted.

This is my first posting, so please excuse any errors.

Veronica

Airpets come highly recommended and I've seen many threads about them. We brought our dog over using our local kennels and she was fine. We were more stressed about the whole experience than her. We were worried as she is ten years old and has only stayed in kennels a couple of times but she was fine and was so happy to see us when we visited her. She has settled in well and has had a new lease of life living here and is now an outdoor dog during the day and she loves it. We walk her on the beach every weekend and she loves nothing more than jumping in the sea and having a swim which is a first as she just turned her back on it in the UK.

We flew our dog into Perth and she stayed at Byford Quarantine station and they were really good and allowed you to ring for updates and gave lots of useful information and help.

Guest Badger Brock

Thanks Sarah and Adey, thats reassuring. Great news, have just half an hour ago completed on the sale of my house, so I can now concentrate on arrangements for the dog and my bits and pieces. So far no messages from anyone in NSW with a dog, maybe most Poms go to Perth?

Guest ellie2

Hi not in NSW but Brisbane, Ellie our dog had to go to Eastern Creek and they were really good with her, we did not visit her as we were in Brisbane but I phoned every day to find out how she was. They are allocated their own kennel maid who looks after them for the duration of their stay and she kept me informed of how Ellie was. We used Golden Arrows to have her flown out and they were absolutley brilliant.

Good luck with everything!!!!!

Christine

Guest Badger Brock

Hi there Christine

Thanks. Tried to find Golden Arrows on Google but no luck, I wonder if they have changed their name?

Veronica

Guest ellie2

The phone number is 01 588 680 240, they dont advertise on the internet for some strange reason, but they come highly reccommended and if you ring them they will answer any questions you have the owner has been to all three quarantine stations so has seen them first hand.

Christine

Guest susanmary38

hi Sarah n Adey

How long do they keep the pets in quarantine, & how did it cost for the whole process, we have a cat and dog to bring with us

Dave n Sue

We bought both our dogs over in Dec last year and they went into Eastern Creek. Once they arrived there we had an email to say who their kennel maid was and a phone number for us to ring and check on them. They were both very well looked after from what we saw when we fetched them out, we didnt visit as we went to America en-route and only arrived 4 days before they were due out.

We also used Golden Arrow who were brilliant, no web-site though all still done over the phone and good old Royal Mail lol.

Cost us £4300 for two retrievers and $1300 quarantine fees.

Sam x

hi Sarah n Adey

How long do they keep the pets in quarantine, & how did it cost for the whole process, we have a cat and dog to bring with us

Dave n Sue

She was in for 30 days and cost us $760 when we picked her up. Think it was about 1300 pound to bring her over but we had to pay for kenneling as well for 3 weeks before she came as originally she was living with my Uncle but we wanted to bring her over as missed her so much.

Archived