Statutory Declaration for DeFacto relationship... Please help!!!

Larad86

Please help...

I have submitted my application for visa 189. I am in a defacto relationship and have been for the last 13 years. We provided as much as we had as evidence: bank statement for joint account, joint utility bills, council tax bill. This has not been sufficient and we have been asked for further evidence of our relationship.

Having read up, I understand that both my partner and I need to complete a declaration of our relationship and I have used the Partner booklet as a reference which i understand does not need to be a formal document just an account of your relationship in your own words using the relevant headings.

Silly question, but does this need to be signed and witnessed by someone- I cant work out where it clearly says this. in addition this i have compiled a word document with photos screenshot from my social media account with dated photos. Would this need to be signed and witnessed??

Any help would be hugely appreciated.

Ditto that. Just sign it yourselves and date it. Provide pictures seperately as these get uploaded/attached from what I understand. I wrote 1 and 1/4 A4 page and thats all. My BT phone bill just has my name as did 2 x mobile numbers but I have council tax going back 5 years and joint mortgage since 2011. Good luck!

Hey!

I applied for my 820/801 visa back in August and thought I had every bit of evidence possible.

I had an e-mail the other day asking for eviden of the length of our relationship, nature of our household, the social context, financial evidence (even though I have given proof of bank accnts etc) and also our commitment to each other.

Reading your post I am wondering if there is a new thing happening and they want worded statements from myself and my partner (maybe instead of interviews I don't know).

But I have been panicking because I have really thought that I was doing pretty well and now they've asked for this.......

I do feel though that if they now just met my partner and I and interviewed us they could tell a lot more from that than words on paper........

Hey!

I applied for my 820/801 visa back in August and thought I had every bit of evidence possible.

I had an e-mail the other day asking for eviden of the length of our relationship, nature of our household, the social context, financial evidence (even though I have given proof of bank accnts etc) and also our commitment to each other.

Reading your post I am wondering if there is a new thing happening and they want worded statements from myself and my partner (maybe instead of interviews I don't know).

But I have been panicking because I have really thought that I was doing pretty well and now they've asked for this.......

I do feel though that if they now just met my partner and I and interviewed us they could tell a lot more from that than words on paper........

I don't think it is a new thing, I expect you just haven't got good enough evidence. I have read your other post too and I wonder if it is the proof of joint address that is a bit lacking. I would work on that. I don't believe they do interviews.

Hey!

Its not new, there has always been a chance that DIBP can ask for more evidence. When I applied years ago someone even advised me not to submit all the evidence we had straightaway, but to keep some back in case we did get a request for more.

Interviews are very very rare in the UK and other low risk countries, and again that hasn't changed in many years.