Marisawright

I can't stand Piers Morgan but he has a point...

Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke

Unfortunately, I don't think anyone will ever be able to get these people to understand the disgust that is felt by people about hunting for pleasure. They have totally convinced themselves it is ok and nobody will change their mind.

Warren, Liz, Paige 18 & Ethan 15

TRA Aug 2007, 175 lodged 14/02/08 WA SS applied for 4/06/09, WA SS approval 7/10/09 CO allocated 27/7/10 PCs 9/9/10 Meds 27/9/10 VISA GRANTED 4 Nov 2010 WA 2/4/11 Citizenship ceremony 30/11/16

I first declare I am a shooter. I have shot for decades.

I shoot and am looking forward to taking it up again very soon. But, I work with British shooting organisations that work with true conservation and farming to manage the countryside. For example, I work with farmers with pigeon. Farmers don't mind pigeon and some crop loss is expected. But, if they start to flock, it can cause decimation to huge areas of crops. I also work on the principle that everything shot must be used. For me, it goes to a mix of the pot and game dealers that covers the cost of the shoot. (A flock of several hundred pigeon can be scared back to the forest by shooting about 30. Of the 30, 10 are kept of the pot and 20 sold for about £1 each to cover costs).

I will hopefully also soon shoot venison. Again though it is shooting for conservation - if we don't shoot to keep numbers under control then the consequence for other wildlife can be terrible, though I do long for the day that wolves are reintroduced to minimise the need. But, when culling is needed, it is done to the conservation requirement and every last bit is used.

But, these people are not hunters in any way that I can respect. They are vile creatures.

I first declare I am a shooter. ...But, I work with British shooting organisations that work with true conservation and farming to manage the countryside. ...

I will hopefully also soon shoot venison. Again though it is shooting for conservation

I have no problem with shooting for conservation and get really angry with people who get their knickers in a knot about it. It's for the welfare of the animal population as a whole. When I was in the Kruger National Park I dined on impala which was from their conservation shoot.

Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke

Hunting "for fun" with a firearm is bad enough, but hunting large animals with a bow and arrow? It's hardly going to be clean kill for the animal! Disgusting.

From Kilmarnock, now in Melbourne :-)

I don't think anyone under 18 should be in possession of a firearm!! ( or the vast majority if over 18's either!)

If culls are needed for conservation this should be done by a professional marksman . These are not people who pose with photos of their kill to say "look at me! Look what I did!"

Wow well done you for bringing down a big animal in a totally unfair contest!! Let's see how you get on without the gun!

Partner Visa 309/100 Applied for - 23/6/15CO assigned (WP) 1/9/15Medical Completed 29/12/15Police Check uploaded 12/01/16GRANTED 21/01/16!!!!

I admit I have shot rabbits for food but shooting magnificent animals for fun is just so wrong. I wouldnot shoot het cat I would put a pellet up her arse though.

Drinking rum before 11am does not make you an alcoholic, it makes you pirate..

Duck hunting is a disgusting sport too.

It does say something about male inadequacies when they get a thrill out of killing animals.

I want it all, and I want it now.

Duck hunting is a disgusting sport too.

It does say something about male inadequacies when they get a thrill out of killing animals.

do you eat meat? have you ever eaten duck?

Drinking rum before 11am does not make you an alcoholic, it makes you pirate..

do you eat meat? have you ever eaten duck?

Yes I love duck. I have no problem with killing animals for food, it's killing animals for fun that I think is wrong.