Guest JOZANDTOSH

epilepsy and medication

Guest JOZANDTOSH

Hi everyone,

Wondered if anyone could advice me and my boyfriend we are only in the early stages however we are coming over on a State Sponsered Visa, Hopefully!

I have Epilepsy which is controlled i am on two types of medication, Toprimate and Lamotrogine i haven't had a seizure in 2 yrs and it has never prevented me from working full time.

As our visa is a temp one does anyoune know the situation with medication how much it will cost me? will it go against me in my medical.

Also here goes sounds like were on deaths door:chatterbox: my boyfriend has a bad back over here he has pain killers as he has a bulging disc, and the odd epidural again he has never been of work and has been a property manager for 10yrs as he is the main applicant I have considered just not mentioning his bad back as you wouldn't know to look at him. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

THANKS TOSHANDJO:Randy-git:

Hi everyone,

Wondered if anyone could advice me and my boyfriend we are only in the early stages however we are coming over on a State Sponsered Visa, Hopefully!

I have Epilepsy which is controlled i am on two types of medication, Toprimate and Lamotrogine i haven't had a seizure in 2 yrs and it has never prevented me from working full time.

As our visa is a temp one does anyoune know the situation with medication how much it will cost me? will it go against me in my medical.

Also here goes sounds like were on deaths door:chatterbox: my boyfriend has a bad back over here he has pain killers as he has a bulging disc, and the odd epidural again he has never been of work and has been a property manager for 10yrs as he is the main applicant I have considered just not mentioning his bad back as you wouldn't know to look at him. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

THANKS TOSHANDJO:Randy-git:

Hi there

sorry dont know exactly (but i dont think anybody does) what will & will not fail medical but i was under impression it has more to do with how much it will cost oz & if it stops you working if you go on temp think you have to pay anyway! & obviously you have to work so i think you should be fine

someone will correct me & add hope it helps

could be wrong but dont think the meds for temp have all tests????????

good luck

The grass is only greener where you water it :yes:

Guest JOZANDTOSH

Thanks for that quick reply found some other threads which have been quite positive, also quite a few people with epilepsy that haven't had a problem with obtaining visas so fingers crossed.

Guest JoanneHattersley

Im epileptic and have been since 2000. I will have been fit free for 8 years this October coming! It didnt affect my medical at all. I have to pay for meds out here. On a temp VISA they were full price and now I am a PR and on medicare I get money off them via the PBS.

RE - Bad backs - tell all! Its safer that way!

As my daughter had one seizure before her brain tumor was diagnosed she is considered an epileptic now and on meds which are not on free list but she gets them for the same price here, check to see if your meds are on our list as you may have to change them. My daughter only gets Kepra because she is also a diabetic. Also here in Victoria you have a form signed by doctor every year for Vic Roads to say you are seizure free. So licence goes from year to year.

Petals

:ssign15:taking no prisoners :wink: