Invitation to .. .. Skilled - Independent (subclass 189) visa Adverse information received

itsme16may

Hi All

I applied for PR under subclass 189 and got 70 point.

My son is 6 yrs old and has mild development issues, he still is unable to speak and is hyperactive. He has been diagnosed on spectrum.

He was analysed in Max by a psycholigist and she asked us a lot of question regarding his day to day activities, that we answered truthfully.

Now I recd a message from Immigration that says:

Invitation to comment on information for a Skilled - Independent (subclass 189) visa

Adverse information received

The letter confirms that "my son has been has been evaluated by a Medical Officer of the Commonwealth (MOC) and has been assessed as not meeting the health requirement for the grant of Skilled Independent (Permanent) (class SI) Skilled - Independent (subclass 189) visa."

The Medical Person Report says:

'The applicant has been assessed against Public Interest Criterion (PIC) 4005 [see attached extract] for the period of a permanent stay in Australia.

The applicant does not satisfy sub-subparagraph PIC 4005(1)©(ii)(A) in Schedule 4 to the Migration Regulations.

The applicant is a 6 year old person with:

- Mild developmental delay.

..Form and Severity of the applicant's condition: The applicant is a child with mild developmental delay, from an unknown cause, and requires services to improve communication, cognition and social skills. Provision of services to a hypothetical person with the applicant's condition: A hypothetical person with this condition at the same severity as the applicant, would be likely to be to require community services, in the form of special education and disability support. This condition is likely to be Stable..

I consider that a hypothetical person with this disease or condition, at the same severity as the applicant, would be likely to require health care or community services during the period specified above.

These services would be likely to include:

Special education services

Commonwealth disability services

State disability services

Provision of these health care and/or community services would be likely to result in a significant cost to the Australian community in the areas of health care and/or community services."

I am getting my son treated from an Institute in US and he is improving considerably, he has started to develop speech, behaves properly in social situations, is able to do most of hist daily chores himself. He understand english vocabulary and indicates to us through facilitated communication all his needs. He follows commands.

The doc who evaluated him has suggested that I should submit a reply to immigration official and attach a copy of the assessment report which has is given to us by the US institute and alongwith that attach a undertaking saying that I will be bearing all the medical expenses of my son.

Now my question is:

1. What are th chances that our PR will be processed?

2. WIll my undertaking prove detrimental in future , if the PR is granted?

Sorry for a long post but I will be very thankful to all enlightened souls to guide me.

An undertaking to bear all costs for your son is not going to help in the slightest as it is not enforceable. As well as you could just change your mind, you could also find yourself simply not in a position to do so. So honestly, it will not do anything at all, it will be ignored.

Yes you should send every medical report you can, but really this is no time for a forum. You are very, very close to having the visa declined and have one last shot at it. You need professional assistance urgently before that happens.

HI THanks for your reply, Can you guide me towards proper professional help

I would go for a gun. This looks like something for George Lombard.

He will give you an honest appraisal and sadly I do think this is heading for a decline but you got to make sure you do all you can.

Edited by Bungo

I would go for a gun. This looks like something for George Lombard.

He will give you an honest appraisal and sadly I do think this is heading for a decline but you got to make sure you do all you can.

Have to agree. George is excellent with medical issues.

To the OP, don't try and do this yourself, get professionalhelpasap (as there will be a timelimit on the reply). Don't get your hopes up though, it sounds likea refusal isheading your way.

• 2 years later...
On 03/09/2016 at 03:52, itsme16may said:

Hi All

I applied for PR under subclass 189 and got 70 point.

My son is 6 yrs old and has mild development issues, he still is unable to speak and is hyperactive. He has been diagnosed on spectrum.

He was analysed in Max by a psycholigist and she asked us a lot of question regarding his day to day activities, that we answered truthfully.

Now I recd a message from Immigration that says:

Invitation to comment on information for a Skilled - Independent (subclass 189) visa

Adverse information received

The letter confirms that "my son has been has been evaluated by a Medical Officer of the Commonwealth (MOC) and has been assessed as not meeting the health requirement for the grant of Skilled Independent (Permanent) (class SI) Skilled - Independent (subclass 189) visa."

The Medical Person Report says:

'The applicant has been assessed against Public Interest Criterion (PIC) 4005 [see attached extract] for the period of a permanent stay in Australia.

The applicant does not satisfy sub-subparagraph PIC 4005(1)©(ii)(A) in Schedule 4 to the Migration Regulations.

The applicant is a 6 year old person with:

- Mild developmental delay.

..Form and Severity of the applicant's condition: The applicant is a child with mild developmental delay, from an unknown cause, and requires services to improve communication, cognition and social skills. Provision of services to a hypothetical person with the applicant's condition: A hypothetical person with this condition at the same severity as the applicant, would be likely to be to require community services, in the form of special education and disability support. This condition is likely to be Stable..

I consider that a hypothetical person with this disease or condition, at the same severity as the applicant, would be likely to require health care or community services during the period specified above.

These services would be likely to include:

Special education services

Commonwealth disability services

State disability services

Provision of these health care and/or community services would be likely to result in a significant cost to the Australian community in the areas of health care and/or community services."

I am getting my son treated from an Institute in US and he is improving considerably, he has started to develop speech, behaves properly in social situations, is able to do most of hist daily chores himself. He understand english vocabulary and indicates to us through facilitated communication all his needs. He follows commands.

The doc who evaluated him has suggested that I should submit a reply to immigration official and attach a copy of the assessment report which has is given to us by the US institute and alongwith that attach a undertaking saying that I will be bearing all the medical expenses of my son.

Now my question is:

1. What are th chances that our PR will be processed?

2. WIll my undertaking prove detrimental in future , if the PR is granted?

Sorry for a long post but I will be very thankful to all enlightened souls to guide me.

@itsme16may how did u go with your application? i am in same situation

On 12/06/2019 at 19:00, JenniferSiders said:

@itsme16may how did u go with your application? i am in same situation

Hi @JenniferSiders,

@itsme16maylogged to this forum long back, so don't know whether you can get reply from him on his current status. As @Nemesis suggested, please go with any good Migration agent. As a suggestion, Please don't disclose this information in any public forums and better to consult a good MA ASAP.

image.thumb.png.b728c5193ad094e30ef9009db6aedec2.png