Some questions of form 40sp

henryolonga

Hello to all,

My wife is planning to apply for Partner (Provisional) visa (subclass 309) in which our child will be migrating dependent family member.

I have skilled nominated subclass 190 visa.

While I was going through the questions in form 40SP in order to sponsor her, there are couple of questions which require some clarification:

Question 1:How many people are included in this sponsorship for migration?

Since the child will be dependent in her application, should the answer be 1 (i.e. "My Wife only") or 2 (i.e. "My Wife and our child")

Question 8: What is your citizenship/residence status in Australia?

• Date of arrival in Australia (Is this the date on which I validated the visa 190?)
  • Attach proof of length of residence (What document is required ?)

Question 11 your current residential address

(Note: If your residential address is not in Australia, please attach the statement at the end of this form............)

Since I am planning to go back overseas (i.e. "Outside Australia") during application process, should I mention my overseas address or Australian address?

When she will be lodging the application, I will be in Australia but later on, I have plans to travel overseas.

Question 12 your telephone numbers

(Similar situation as Question number 11. What if my telephone number changes due to travel overseas during the application process?)

Question 36 are you sponsoring a child aged under 18 years?

Although I am not directly sponsoring my child, my child will be a dependent migrating family member in my wife's application as stated above.

Should the answer be Yes or No ?

Could you provide your valuable comments for above questions, as always provided for every thread posted by me.

I would be grateful to all of you .

Thanks,

Regards,

Henry

Henry you are over thinking these questions, they are not trying to trick you, they are straightforward questions with straightforward answers. Using your numbering:

Q1. How many people are included. Well you have mentioned two, wife and child, so the answer is two.

Q8. They want to know when you arrived. And how long you have been resident for, a rental agreement would prove this. If you are not resident then say so.

Q11. They want to know your address so give them your address. If it changes, up date them at that point.

Q12. As above.

Q36. Of course you are sponsoring a child. You have just said that there is a child on this applciation and as you are the sponsor of this applciation you are definitely sponsoring a child..

As I say, stop over thinking. Answer the question before you, taking it literally and not trying to ascribe any other meaning to it.

Why is your wife applying for a partner visa? They are for partners and families of Australian citizens or permanent residents. Your wife and child should apply as dependents on your visa

Thanks Bungo and boganbear for the comments.

Yeah, I will try to keep it simple without over-thinking.

boganbear, my application has been finalized and 190 has been granted to me already. Therefore, a new application needs to be launched by the family.

Regards,

Henry