Guest Dazzleme

How longer after receiving C.O till visa granted?

Guest Dazzleme

Hi Guy's,

We have just received word that we have a case officer!! Can anybody give me a rough timeline of how long it takes to have the visa granted?? That is, If everything goes smooth of course!!

Cheery,

Sarah

Guest leeob77

think it all depends on how you have done things. we got a case officer on the 22nd april requesting we get meds and police checks done. meds were done and received in oz on 19th may. police checks emailed to case officer end of may.

our agent reckons we should hear something by the middle of july!

Guest cazbeckham

Hi

Depends on which visa you are applying for

We had our Case Officer November 07 and will not be getting or visa till July 1st.

Caz

Guest Dazzleme
Hi

Depends on which visa you are applying for

We had our Case Officer November 07 and will not be getting or visa till July 1st.

Caz

Hi Caz,

Were on a 138 visa.

Why do you have to wait until July??

Cheery,

Sarah

Guest cazbeckham

Hi Sarah

We have to wait cos we are going on a Contributory Parent Visa and they run out in December. Should have had it in January so now have to wait till new quota starts on July 1st.

Still gives us a bit more time to sell house.

Our buyers buyer pulled out yesterday so we are back to square one after nearly three weeks of wasted time.

Our buyer asked us to take house of market as he would no longer view houses but wont do that again, it will stay on market till contracts exchanged, like it or not.......... oh well have to drown our sorrows in another bottle of wine tonight.

Caz

Guest traybears

hi,congrats on c/o.we have a 175 visa.ours took just over 1 month from c/o to granted.good luck!!tracy.xx.

Hi Sarah

Our buyers buyer pulled out yesterday so we are back to square one after nearly three weeks of wasted time.

Our buyer asked us to take house of market as he would no longer view houses but wont do that again, it will stay on market till contracts exchanged, like it or not.......... oh well have to drown our sorrows in another bottle of wine tonight.

Caz

Poor you! Can't believe how challenging your journey has been! It will make your reunion all the more sweet. I hope you get a new cash buyer soon!

Liz

Guest sjs

hi there was going to ask the very same question myself. i dont even have co yet but i have recently sold my house and if the sale goes smoothly looking to move out around mid aug. yes that is only about 9 wks away! so could you imagine getting co and visa granted all in 9 wks?

the responses you have had to this question though are what i expected some people going to grant with no co (heres hoping!) and everyone else very varied depending on type of visa and how ready their app has been - i keep my fingers toes and anything else possible crosssed for us all!!!

best of luck