Medial assessments and work related stress

sns

The doc at the medical will ask you for a brief summary, in your own words, of your medical history. It's really up to you what you disclose.

Assuming that you do disclose this, the doctor will make a judgement whether he needs further supporting evidence. He may be happy that the symptom is now well in the past and is no longer relevant. If he does need further evidence, he'll give you a letter asking you to provide a statement from your treating medics. This needs to be returned within 28 days iirc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The doc at the medical will ask you for a brief summary, in your own words, of your medical history. It's really up to you what you disclose.

Assuming that you do disclose this, the doctor will make a judgement whether he needs further supporting evidence. He may be happy that the symptom is now well in the past and is no longer relevant. If he does need further evidence, he'll give you a letter asking you to provide a statement from your treating medics. This needs to be returned within 28 days iirc.

Thanks Suzukiscottie,

So if it's just a couple of weeks, I could get away with not disclosing it?

Thanks

They are mainly looking for medical issues which could potentially cost the taxpayer a lot to treat. Cancer, TB, etc.

I wouldn't have thought that some time off work due to stress some time ago would be high on the watch list at the medical. And I say that with all respect to your previous condition, sorry if it sounds a bit glib!

Best of luck. Don't worry too much about it.

I am not a doctor and it is worth checking - however stress is not a medical condition. If you were not diagnosed with anxiety or depression then it is not a medical issue (please don't take my word for it and check it - however I am pretty sure this is correct).