What not to miss in Tassie?

ali

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just returned from Tasmania - it's certainly lived up to it's reputation for being beautiful ...... the views from Mt. Wellington was stunning.

So pleased you enjoyed your trip...I was hoping the weather would behave for you. I would have waved if you'd tooted as you drove up the mountain road....I was probably slaving away in the garden as you drove past. :wink:

PS: I'm pretty partial to scallop pies myself.

I love scallop pies and when we lived there we used to get crayfish sandwiches- do they still do those ( North East coast area) ? I still dream about them, they were sooo good.

Didn't notice the crayfish sandwiches .... (or he'd have had those too).

I love scallop pies and when we lived there we used to get crayfish sandwiches- do they still do those ( North East coast area) ? I still dream about them, they were sooo good.

I haven't seen crayfish sandwiches for a long time. Since the Chinese have discovered our crayfish they have become a real luxury item - I don't think we common plebs could afford crayfish on a sandwich any more. :cry:

Glad you enjoyed your time here Ali. :smile:

It was very beautiful, it reminded us of holidays in the South of England, my photo's reminded a friend of Ireland and one of Wales, and another of NZ .... I think it's one of those places that universally reminds us of somewhere we've been/lived.

Now if anyone has a tried and tested recipe for scallop pie - my hubby is having withdrawal symptoms.

• 2 months later...