Aldi Self propelled Lawn Mower review

tonyman

Has anyone purchased this item ? If so what are your thoughts on it ? Ive got one but its still in the box as i have my doubts about it ............any reviews please ...........

The way I see it, you want to spend the money on the things you use alot. Lawn movers can drive you nuts when they don't work. Mine is an electric Bosch. I bought it to replace my last Bosch when it finally wore out. It works, everytime. Buy quality for the things you use alot. A good petrol mower should last a lifetime.

Edited by newjez

When it comes to things like lawnmowers and chainsaws I've made the mistake of buying cheap crap in the past and now I have quality products that last and don't let me down. Don't bother with self-propelled or electric start lawn mowers they are much heavier and harder to use and there's more things to go wrong with them. Just get a quality lightweight push mower. I have over an acre to mow. I use a light large cut mulching mower called a Big Bob which I can recommend.

My OH and 2 of our neighbours share a petrol lawnmower - no idea what make. We needed a new one when we moved to Devonport and the neighbours were updating from electric ones. After nattering over the fence for a while they decided to club together for one. Better than the 3 of them having a mower each sitting idle in the shed between mows.

Briggs & Stratton engine are pretty much standard for small engine mowers. Reliable, and easy to service when required. Or splash the cash and step up to more expensive Honda or Stihl engined machinery. Unless you really need a self propelled mower, I'd avoid them in favour of a decent push mower.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk