tonyman

Aldi Self propelled Lawn Mower review

Has anyone purchased this item ? If so what are your thoughts on it ? Ive got one but its still in the box as i have my doubts about it ............any reviews please ...........

Voted Best Newcomer 2010 by PIO Members.......Thank you....x

Has anyone purchased this item ? If so what are your thoughts on it ? Ive got one but its still in the box as i have my doubts about it ............any reviews please ...........

The way I see it, you want to spend the money on the things you use alot. Lawn movers can drive you nuts when they don't work. Mine is an electric Bosch. I bought it to replace my last Bosch when it finally wore out. It works, everytime. Buy quality for the things you use alot. A good petrol mower should last a lifetime.

Edited by newjez

Nearly there! Don't drop the ball now guys! Vaccines are weeks away. Stay safe!

What are you worrying about? Is it the Aldi bit or the self propelled bit? We bought our first petrol self propelled mower a month or so ago. It not Akdi though, it is Homebase.

When it comes to things like lawnmowers and chainsaws I've made the mistake of buying cheap crap in the past and now I have quality products that last and don't let me down. Don't bother with self-propelled or electric start lawn mowers they are much heavier and harder to use and there's more things to go wrong with them. Just get a quality lightweight push mower. I have over an acre to mow. I use a light large cut mulching mower called a Big Bob which I can recommend.

My OH and 2 of our neighbours share a petrol lawnmower - no idea what make. We needed a new one when we moved to Devonport and the neighbours were updating from electric ones. After nattering over the fence for a while they decided to club together for one. Better than the 3 of them having a mower each sitting idle in the shed between mows.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away :smile:

Briggs & Stratton engine are pretty much standard for small engine mowers. Reliable, and easy to service when required. Or splash the cash and step up to more expensive Honda or Stihl engined machinery. Unless you really need a self propelled mower, I'd avoid them in favour of a decent push mower.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From Kilmarnock, now in Melbourne :-)

I bought a TPE mower which has a Honda engine.

I do like it but it is very heavy to push compared to my old Victa mower

Buy a man eat fish. The Day, Teach Man, to lifetime.      - Joe Biden.

I have used self propelled and they are good on large or hilly gardens, bit of a pain in small ones.

Plus you get stripes, but you get than with the rear roller on my little Bosch.

Nearly there! Don't drop the ball now guys! Vaccines are weeks away. Stay safe!

We've got an Aldi self propelled one and have had it quite a while now. No problems at all- and even if you did they change things very easily.

I used a Ryobi battery lawnmower a few months back seems to be good. Not the cheapest when i looked it up. It went well over small twigs cut through grass easily. The person had an average front yard. Much quieter than petrol. I didn’t give it full-on testing.

But nowadays I've got a moebot robot lawn mower - admittedly it doesn't have much grunt compared to the big boys, but it does a fine job. I've got a pretty big front and rear yard and I find as long as they're mowed regularly there are no problems - and even if I've left it for a while I just adjust to the higher settings and then clip closer next time I've had mine for two years with no probs, although I expect that the blades could do with some sharpening Based upon my experience I'd recommend https://moebot.com.au/product/moebot-s20/

Edited by Grace Yee