(Subclass 820 - 801) online application or paper-based application

henryolonga

Hello to all,

My wife is planning to apply for the temporary partner visa (subclass 820) which is the first stage towards a permanent Partner visa (subclass 801) from Pakistan. Our child will be included as dependent in the application.

I guess she has options to apply a paper based application (i.e. "submission of hard copies of documents in person") as well as online application.

(Please correct me if I am wrong)

If above is the case, which option is more appropriate (i.e. online vs paper-based)?. I am asking in terms of cost of visa application and the time frame for grant or is there absolutely no difference at all.

Thanks,

Regards,

Henry

Hello to all,

My wife is planning to apply for the temporary partner visa (subclass 820) which is the first stage towards a permanent Partner visa (subclass 801) from Pakistan. Our child will be included as dependent in the application.

I guess she has options to apply a paper based application (i.e. "submission of hard copies of documents in person") as well as online application.

(Please correct me if I am wrong)

If above is the case, which option is more appropriate (i.e. online vs paper-based)?. I am asking in terms of cost of visa application and the time frame for grant or is there absolutely no difference at all.

Thanks,

Regards,

Henry

They both cost the same, but if she is applying from Pakistan its a 309/100 not an 820/801 - the latter is the onshore visa, applied for within Australia.

They both cost the same, but if she is applying from Pakistan its a 309/100 not an 820/801 - the latter is the onshore visa, applied for within Australia.

thanks for the response. Apologies for mentioning 820/801 instead of 309/100.

Since the cost is same, what about the approximate time frame for the grant of visa.

If it is also the same, I believe online application is a better option as I guess that she can track the progress (i.e. "different stages of application") and it is a user-friendly approach (i.e. "uploading documents online are easier as compare to submitting in person")

I appreciate your comments in this regard.

Regards,

Henry

Many people go with online applications these days for ease. Its entirely up to you what you prefer.

Re the timeline, I have no clue how long the off shore is from Pakistan. According to the Aus high commision website there it is around 12 months. I'd read the other info on partner visas there also.

http://pakistan.embassy.gov.au/islm/120822pg9diac.html

One potentially cheaper reason to use the online application is that DIBP will accept colour scans without you needing to get documents certified/notarised. You can also continue to upload additional evidence as you go along if you want, vs. mailing it in and hoping someone correctly includes it in your application.

One potentially cheaper reason to use the online application is that DIBP will accept colour scans without you needing to get documents certified/notarised. You can also continue to upload additional evidence as you go along if you want, vs. mailing it in and hoping someone correctly includes it in your application.

Thanks MaggieMay24 and everyone.

I must say that all of you are really helpful.

Regards,

Henry