timeline and costs

skippy79

You won't find prices as it depends on the size of the dog, not weight but actual height, length and so on. So you need to measure your dog as per the companies online instructions and then fill in the quote form.

What at type of dog do you have?

Can someone give me a rough timeline of what needs to be done for a dog, and what are roughly the costs for a dog?

I can't seem to find many prices on the quarantine site. any info would help!

thanks

step by step timeline instructions are on the AQUIS site

We had our boy vaccinated 20 days later the RNNAT test was done then he had to wait the required 180 days after that

Cost of his flight etc well over £2000 he is a Shar Pei so medium sized then aroundv$1500 quarantine fees plus import permit of $480 so not a cheap excercise

None of the british companies can help as I'll be shipping from Brussels, but I've already had a quote for a flight last year and that was roughly €1500 for the flight and crate. I was just wondering quarantine and medical costs.

Being a french Bulldog, not all companies want to ship him, and emirates will only ship during the summer with special permission.

is quarantine $130 a day? I found this - http://www.agriculture.gov.au/cats-dogs/quarantine-facilities-and-fees/fees-for-government-animal-quarantine-faciltities#fees-charged-for-quarantine-services but can't see the daily charge, anyone know what the PEQ importation charge is?

None of the british companies can help as I'll be shipping from Brussels, but I've already had a quote for a flight last year and that was roughly €1500 for the flight and crate. I was just wondering quarantine and medical costs.

Being a french Bulldog, not all companies want to ship him, and emirates will only ship during the summer with special permission.

is quarantine $130 a day? I found this - http://www.agriculture.gov.au/cats-dogs/quarantine-facilities-and-fees/fees-for-government-animal-quarantine-faciltities#fees-charged-for-quarantine-services but can't see the daily charge, anyone know what the PEQ importation charge is?

Quarantine was $1461 plus the $29 deposit paid when we booked Ralphy in

I think PEQ is the import permit that was $485 and you cant book quarantine unless you have the import permit

Our boy had to fly by April 30th as Emirates wont fly Bracheleptic breeds between May and I think its October

Vets fees I would say added up to well over 500 pound that was his rabies worming flea treatments plus blood testing -which as I have said before got lost !

Are you shipping him yourself or with a pet transport company - I was so pleased we used the latter when the blood tests got lost as I would not have known where to start

The one thing I had to get through to my vets receptionist at every appointment was shipping a dog to Oz is not just a Pet Passport its totally different !

Edited by Patphillips47

Quarantine was $1461 plus the $29 deposit paid when we booked Ralphy in

I think PEQ is the import permit that was $485 and you cant book quarantine unless you have the import permit

Our boy had to fly by April 30th as Emirates wont fly Bracheleptic breeds between May and I think its October

Vets fees I would say added up to well over 500 pound that was his rabies worming flea treatments plus blood testing -which as I have said before got lost !

Are you shipping him yourself or with a pet transport company - I was so pleased we used the latter when the blood tests got lost as I would not have known where to start

The one thing I had to get through to my vets receptionist at every appointment was shipping a dog to Oz is not just a Pet Passport its totally different !

We'll be using a company here in Brussels. Not sure which airlines but ermirates won't fly french bulldogs at all.