2nd Working Holiday Visa

Guest lorretta

Guest lorretta

To whom it may concern,

I have an urgent query.

I have two passports - one British and one Irish.

I have already visited Australia back in 2004 on a WHV using my British passport.

I now wish to go back for another one-year WHV using my Irish passport.

Therefore, I wish to apply for a 2nd WHV using the Irish passport.

However, I do not want to pack up my life in Northern Ireland, i.e. quit my job, rent my house out, pay for travel tickets, etc, then go to Australia and get refused entry because I am on my 2nd WHV using a 2nd passport.

Can anyone give any information / guidance on this ?

- is this legal ?

- will Oz immigration refuse me entry or query this on arrival ?

- has anyone ever heard of this before or know of anyone who has done this ?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Lorretta

Guest HONEY

Hi Lorretta - I'm Not An Expert On This, But I Watched A Programme The Other Day About Customs At Sydney Airport, Whereby A Young Man Was Turned Away For Trying To Do The Working Visa Twice. He Was Told That This Is A One Off Agreement And Anyone Who Attempts To Get Through Twice, " Double Dippers" They Call Them, Will Be Sent Back. He'd Gone From Ireland With His Brother And Was Sent Back On The Next Plane.

HIS BROTHER STAYED THOUGH!!:twitcy:

They Are Really Strict So I'd Defininitely Check With Immigration First - They Take No Prisoners There!!

Hope This Helps:jiggy:

Lynne X

To whom it may concern,

I have an urgent query.

I have two passports - one British and one Irish.

I have already visited Australia back in 2004 on a WHV using my British passport.

I now wish to go back for another one-year WHV using my Irish passport.

Therefore, I wish to apply for a 2nd WHV using the Irish passport.

However, I do not want to pack up my life in Northern Ireland, i.e. quit my job, rent my house out, pay for travel tickets, etc, then go to Australia and get refused entry because I am on my 2nd WHV using a 2nd passport.

Can anyone give any information / guidance on this ?

- is this legal ?

- will Oz immigration refuse me entry or query this on arrival ?

- has anyone ever heard of this before or know of anyone who has done this ?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Lorretta

Hi Lorretta,

This scenario actually happened on last weeks "Nothing to Declare" and it was an Irish lad who tried it. He got stopped at immigration and questioned. Because he had purposely tried to decieve immigration i.e applying on another passport, he was sent straight back home. Apart from using a different passport, he missed an apostrophe out of his name as well so that it looked different.

But i don't know if there is a time frame in which you cannot apply for a second time, so there might be hope there.

Good Luck

Paul

• 8 months later...
Guest belfastgirl

Hi Guys,

I have a question....i came out in 2005 on a WHV on my british passport, I met my current boyfriend, then went home to finish uni for a year. I lost my passport and decided to get an Irish as people said it was better to travel on it, so I came back to Oz (in 2007) on my Irish, on a WHV. After 2 months I got sponsored by a company and worked with them for 18months, until recently when they made me redundant due to the economic crisis. So now I am hoping to apply for a defacto with my boyfriend...we have lived together for 18months with joint bank account.

But after reading the previous blurbs about 2WHV's, will immigration be annoyed? I have tried to track down my british passport back home in ireland to get the number to declare both passports when filling out the defacto forms.

Has this happened to anyone else or can anyone give me advice, please

:)

Guest proud2beaussie

Best thing to get a definite answer is to ring the deoartment on 131881(within Australia overseas below),yes you may have to wait on hold for a bit but at least you will get a correct answer which you can then post on the thread so others in the same or similar circumstances will know what the ruke is.

My personal opinion is that you should not have any difficulty getting a new visa on a different passport provided you tell DIAC.telling them and deceiving them,as was the case on border security are two very different things.

HTH

N'OZ

Street Address Australia House

Strand LONDON

WC2B 4LA

United Kingdom

Postal Address Migration Branch

Australia House

Strand

London

WC2B 4LA

United Kingdom

London Contact Centre Telephone 0906 5508900

For callers in UK, excluding Ireland, calls cost £1 per minute from BT lines (charges for other providers may vary).

For callers from Ireland

See: Australian Embassy Ireland > visa and migration

Lines are open from 9 am to 4 pm weekdays except public holidays. Callers may choose an option to speak to an operator and there is recorded information available at all other times.

Fax +44 (0) 207465 8218 (Visa Office)

General Enquiries Feedback form For General Enquiries use the feedback form for the London Contact Centre.

See: Australian Immigration email enquiry form for the UK and Ireland

Website www.uk.embassy.gov.au

Client Counter Hours 0900 – 1100 Monday to Friday (except public holidays)

All clients are advised to 'phone or email the London Contact Centre in the first instance to discuss their requirements.

In many circumstances the assistance required can be provided by the Contact Centre without the need to make an appointment and attend the High Commission.

Client Telephone Hours As for the London Contact Centre above.

Archived