Considering on moving to australia

Paul1990

Everyones experience is going to be subjective.

Some more info might be of use to people to help them reply. As in what line of work you will be in, whereabouts you hope to live, your age, i.e, 20's, 30's older, if its a long term move or a temp one (ie what visa are you looking at)....

It was great for 20 years but then it began to pall and I couldn't wait to escape but those first 20 years were an adventure, work was good, interest rates were too high but we had good careers - situation has changed lately though and it is no longer essentially the "Lucky Country".

Can you get a visa to work in Australia? Start at the beginning because if you aren't eligible to get a visa then the rest is a waste of time and energy.

If you qualify for the relevant visa, Australia is well worth the experience.

The rest depends on your own efforts.

I was a £10 Pom and arrived there when the cities were much smaller, so over many years I witnessed the country's amazing development and population increase.

Australia will have its ups and downs but will continue to grow, new migrants are a necessity.

Edited by InkBlots

I have a wonderful life. I live in far north Queensland, where everyday I see people who have travelled half way around the world to see where I call home.

However, I know several people who also lived here, but with different expectations and aspirations have decided to return to the UK.

So I think it is very important to have a very clear understanding of: what you want; what you are prepared not to have; and what different experiences and opportunities in Australia will successfully replace those that could have been realised in the UK.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

I have a wonderful life. I live in far north Queensland, where everyday I see people who have travelled half way around the world to see where I call home.

However, I know several people who also lived here, but with different expectations and aspirations have decided to return to the UK.

So I think it is very important to have a very clear understanding of: what you want; what you are prepared not to have; and what different experiences and opportunities in Australia will successfully replace those that could have been realised in the UK.

Sums it up perfectly.