SARAH1974

State sponsored 190 Visa - can we move move from the sponsoring state?

Hi all,

Myself and my partner are progressing through the visa process (he has just had his skills assessment come back positive). Currently his job is on the CSOL for SA and ACT and he is looking at having around 80-85 points.

My question is if we apply for state sponsorship for ACT can we move states once we arrive in Australia? I have read various things about state sponsorship and don't want to do anything that may jeopardise going for citizenship in the future.

Some sites I have read say the sponsoring state cannot force you to live there while others say they can cancel your visa if you leave the nominated state.

Does anyone have any personal experience of this? Ideally we want to be in QLD.

Thanks guys!

I've never heard of DIBP actually cancelling a 190 visa due to someone not meeting the moral obligation to live in the sponsoring states, and I've read numerous posts from people who have successfully obtained citizenship.

Thanks MaggieMay24 - I've just read stories of people entering on a state sponsored 190 and having to have 'check up' meetings every 6 months or so to check that they are still living / working in the state that originally sponsored them. I'm really keen to hear from anyone who has moved from their sponsored state and gone onto to get citizenship without any issues.

Thanks MaggieMay24 - I've just read stories of people entering on a state sponsored 190 and having to have 'check up' meetings every 6 months or so to check that they are still living / working in the state that originally sponsored them. I'm really keen to hear from anyone who has moved from their sponsored state and gone onto to get citizenship without any issues.

Maggiemay has already provided the right information. The state are sponsoring, they are not issuing your visa and you have no legal obligation only a moral one.