When should our medical be completed?

Guest EmmyandRichie

Guest EmmyandRichie

Hello, my name is Emma. My husband, my daughter and myself are currently waiting for a decison on our independent skills visa. We are using an agent who was recommended by a friend who now lives in Oz but this agent is useless. We thought our forms had be sent to the visa people in April but infact they were only sent two weeks ago. we have sent off our police clearance forms but we are unsure when we should have our medicals done. We were told that it is taking six months for a decison to be made on a visa, can anybody tell me how long they waited and when the medicals should be done. I am nurse and my husband is an Aircraft techy, so we hope they say YES! We have sold our house fingers crossed and we are moving in to rented. my husband lives in Saudi so are desperate for the visa so we can be all together again. my husband cant afford to come back to the UK.:spinny:

Hello, my name is Emma. My husband, my daughter and myself are currently waiting for a decison on our independent skills visa. We are using an agent who was recommended by a friend who now lives in Oz but this agent is useless. We thought our forms had be sent to the visa people in April but infact they were only sent two weeks ago. we have sent off our police clearance forms but we are unsure when we should have our medicals done. We were told that it is taking six months for a decison to be made on a visa, can anybody tell me how long they waited and when the medicals should be done. I am nurse and my husband is an Aircraft techy, so we hope they say YES! We have sold our house fingers crossed and we are moving in to rented. my husband lives in Saudi so are desperate for the visa so we can be all together again. my husband cant afford to come back to the UK.:spinny:

hi welcome

which visa you going for? some visa's bit quicker

think meds is just choice really, some wait to be asked or have CO, others pretty much straight away, some like myself leave it a couple of months recoup a bit of cash after big fees

basically once granted you get 12 months to enter from pc's or meds which ever sooner

hope this helps good luck with it all

Guest RCoight

Wait until your case officer has asked you to: you only have 12 months from the later of your meds and your police checks to get into Aus and if you have to use up 6 months waiting for a visa decision you'll find your timings very squeezed at the other end.

Archived