Rabies Test - keeping my options open

Grecia

Not specifically a question for Pet Air: just for anyone who knows the answer... :wink:

I know that a dog cannot travel to Australia until 180 days after the (successful) RNATT at the earliest. But what is the latest date after the test the dog can travel?

One of my dogs' rabies jab is due this week and I thought it might make sense to get her tested too - while she still has plenty of antibodies!

As your question isn't specifically for Pet Air I've moved the post to the Pets section of the forum. The Pet Air section is for people to liaise directly with Bob and general replies are deleted.

If you want the general membership to reply, it needs to be in Pets forum :)

The RNNAT has to be around 20 days after the initial rabies jab then travel is after the 180 days wait for want of a better word

the AQUIS site lists step by step maybe check on there how long the RNNAT test is valid for

just checked AQUIS and they state the rabies test is valid after 180 days up to 24 months

Edited by Patphillips47

just checked AQUIS and they state the rabies test is valid after 180 days up to 24 months

Thank you! I saw that on a couple of sites, but wasn't sure if I was looking at up-to-date info. Pet Air's own site says that if you are emigrating in "more than 18 months? Do nothing" so I thought it might have been changed to 18 months.

The RNATT will stay valid for 2 years from the date the blood sample was taken.

Best,

Thanks very much for confirming, Bob. The other dog has 2 years and 3 months left on his rabies vaccine, so hopefully he will pass the test first go :)