"Not a Genuine Position"

DanFinchamCooke

Hi all!

I have a question I was hoping someone could answer.

I'm currently on a bridging visa for a 457 but it might be rejected as they believe it is "Not a Genuine Position". If it gets rejected because of this I was thinking of applying for a 189 visa.

Now if I do apply for a 189 visa, will the previous 457 rejection because of the "Not a Genuine Position" concern get flagged by immigration? Meaning the 189 visa application will also be rejected?

Or, as long as I get a letter from my employer confirming I was employed by the company in that position, immigration will disregard the previous 457 rejection and just look at what I submit for the 189 application?

I'm in a pickle as I have not idea what to do!

Thanks in advance :)

Dan

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Thanks Bungo!

Would you know if the 457 rejection (and why it was rejected) would be flagged if I apply for a 189, if not neccessarily rejected.

Part of my points will include the experience in the "Not a Genuine Position" job and I dont know if immigration would disregard those points if they felt the position wasn't genuine.

Thanks Bungo!

Would you know if the 457 rejection (and why it was rejected) would be flagged if I apply for a 189, if not neccessarily rejected.

Part of my points will include the experience in the "Not a Genuine Position" job and I dont know if immigration would disregard those points if they felt the position wasn't genuine.

Yes of course they will see your history.

There are questions on the visa application asking if you have ever been refused a visa (for anywhere). They are going to know. I'd be contacting a good migration agent before possibly paying out money and not having your work experience recognised. I can't imagine they would accept that work if they've already decided it wasn't in the nominated position.

Thanks Tickled Pink and Maggie!

Maggie, so does that mean any experience I get, even though it was deemed "Not Genuine"and the visa it related to got rejected, would still be valid as part of a 189 visa application?

If a position was assessed as 'not genuine' this indicates that (in the opinion of the delegate) the position was 'manufactured' by the prospective employer and/or was assessed as not needed for the conduct of the business. It does not necessarily bear on the issue of whether it might be counted to satisfy some other criteria. You would be well advised to consult a registered migration agent for a professional assessment.