Working Holiday visa advice.

phantasmagorical

Hello everyone, I am new to this forum. I'm really just looking for some advice about completing specified work. I was advised by a couple of migration agents to complete the 88 days as soon as I can if I want to extend my visa. I'll be travelling over in November and I'm going to be staying in South Australia for the most part due to having connections there. Your advice on kinds of specified work available is greatly appreciated.

Thank you. :)

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Tapatalk

Contact the local hostels in the area regarding any available farming opportunities and look at the harvest trail website to research the best locations for farmwork depending on the time of year..

Good luck with your travels!

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Contact the local hostels in the area regarding any available farming opportunities and look at the harvest trail website to research the best locations for farmwork depending on the time of year..

Good luck with your travels!

Will do, thank you! ?

Don't do fruit picking if you can help it. Try get on a sheep or cattle farm

Why wouldn't you recommend fruit picking? I've heard it can be really hard work, but would like to know your thoughts on this. ?

Would I need any kind of experience working on a farm for these jobs?

I did fruit picking and potato picking for my 2nd year visa. The work was pretty hard graft and the pay was $10 an hour - the wage tends to be poor as the farmers know you need the visa forms signing... but I believe new laws came into place last year which means they have a pay you a minimum wage now?? So may be better for you..

Saying that, I met some of my best friends staying in a working hostel! Great atmosphere.. And if I had to do it all over again to get my 2nd year visa, I would.

I spent the last 40days working in a warehouse 1hour outside melbourne grading potatoes - great wage and really easy work! I guess if you can find warehouse work or work on a cattle farm it will be easier than standing in the hot sun all day picking fruit.. but any job is better than none :) be sure to check the postcode regions to make sure the area you get work is classed as 'regional'

If you can get something hourly then its better. I was picking oranges and it was just awful. You get paid per bin. Its $25 a bin, google the size of the bins. It seems to attract bad farmers amd contractors too. Ive yet to find someone witg a good thing to say about picking per bin. I paid $160 fpr a really skanky roomshare too. Although some of the others wrre working on potatoes and got paid at least $20 per hour and the work was easier. Some of my friends worked on cattle stations and they all had good times

I did fruit picking and potato picking for my 2nd year visa. The work was pretty hard graft and the pay was $10 an hour - the wage tends to be poor as the farmers know you need the visa forms signing... but I believe new laws came into place last year which means they have a pay you a minimum wage now?? So may be better for you..

Saying that, I met some of my best friends staying in a working hostel! Great atmosphere.. And if I had to do it all over again to get my 2nd year visa, I would.

I spent the last 40days working in a warehouse 1hour outside melbourne grading potatoes - great wage and really easy work! I guess if you can find warehouse work or work on a cattle farm it will be easier than standing in the hot sun all day picking fruit.. but any job is better than none :) be sure to check the postcode regions to make sure the area you get work is classed as 'regional'

I think I read something about the minimum wage being applied to everyone. I've been checking the postcode region and apparently all of South Australia is classed as regional Australia? Will need to double check that. ?

If you can get something hourly then its better. I was picking oranges and it was just awful. You get paid per bin. Its $25 a bin, google the size of the bins. It seems to attract bad farmers amd contractors too. Ive yet to find someone witg a good thing to say about picking per bin. I paid $160 fpr a really skanky roomshare too. Although some of the others wrre working on potatoes and got paid at least $20 per hour and the work was easier. Some of my friends worked on cattle stations and they all had good times

Oh that sounds quite awful! ? as another commenter said, I think all employers need to give the minimum wage now. Someone else recommended sheep / cattle farms but I don't know if I'd require farming experience for that - something that I don't have. ?

Oh that sounds quite awful!  as another commenter said, I think all employers need to give the minimum wage now. Someone else recommended sheep / cattle farms but I don't know if I'd require farming experience for that - something that I don't have. 

My nephew worked on a cattle station and loved it - no experience needed