Sydney suburbs near beach & decent commute times - your advice please

CelinaOz

How is it the best option when it is five times the price when you include parking? And still need to account for getting to station, boarding process and getting from circular quay to office. It is an option that is only likely to make sense for somebody that lives within five minutes walk of Manly Wharf and works that end of the city.

There's plenty of places to park for free within a ten minute walk of the wharf. 6 bucks per trip with a smartcard.. getting the bus is saving like $1.30. What boarding process ? They're every 10 minutes so there aren't any queues.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks! My husband would be working in Pitt St, which I think it's about 10 mins walk from the ferry stop.

That depends where on Pitt St, it's a very long street! The top end of Pitt Street is only a few minutes' walk - the bottom end is a 15 minute train ride away.

Edited by Marisawright

There's plenty of places to park for free within a ten minute walk of the wharf. 6 bucks per trip with a smartcard.. getting the bus is saving like $1.30. What boarding process ? They're every 10 minutes so there aren't any queues.

I'm surprised to hear there are so many parking spaces within a ten minute walk of the wharf. When I've visited Manly it didn't look as though there were many parking spaces where you could leave your car all day. What time of day are you parking?