Nurses moving back to the UK

Rosiegirl

They definitely want an nmc registered nurse to sign the reflective form. An Australian nurse can sign the confirmation form but not the reflective one.

just went thru re validation paperwork and yes you need an nmc registered nurse for reflective discussion. They want face to face but happy for video call.. Skype /ft wd work.

You don't need to upload anything but if they ask for stuff you need to have it within a short time frame... As someone else said, have u kept in touch with any nurse friends in UK still nmc registered? Quick chat sign n done :) if u have problems I see oh dear has offered. I'm in Queensland but not worked for 12months... Pm if u need anything x

But It advises to get the person doing confirmation to also do the reflective piece And confirmation doesn't have to be uk nurse...I will be using line manager for both and can't see where it says I can't?? I am no longer in touch with any uk nurses

Your confirmer can be another regulated health professional or overseas regulated health professional.. But reflective discussion must be nmc... Ludicrous .. But I'm presuming its so you are jointly reflecting and they have awareness of most recent nmc code... The confirmer needs to tick a few boxes ..

when in 2017 are you due to re validate? Maybe we should set up an nmc reflective discussion group-nurses still on nmc in aus who can do discussion... Will let you know how I get on. The forms are all online and easy to use x

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Hi I have the same issue - currently working in Sydney Australia and need to re validate. I don't work with any NMC registered nurses just lots of Ozzie ones!

I need to re validate in the next month or so.. Anyone local available to swap or listen to my 5 reflections? I can travel!

• 2 months later...

Hi, i have to revalidate ( have received my nmc notice) and need an nmc registered nurse to have the reflective discussion with. Live and work in Brisbane but could travel or do by phone if necessary. Can anyone help please?

Note: i continued to pay rcn fees since emigrating, and contacted them to be put in touch with an nmc registered rep, and reassured them that the rep is only signing that they've had the discussion but they have just declined to support me in this way ( but say of course they support members who are abroad !?)

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 10/21/2016 at 20:55, Rosiegirl said:

For any nurses going back to the UK and need to re-register; I finally got my re-registration with NMC after 7 weeks. This was a straight forward application and didn't have to provide further information thats just how long it took.

@Rosiegirl just reaching out to see if you were asked for a reference from an NMC nurse when you re-registered or if this is a new thing.  And could you provide one or did they offer an alternative? Can see you did this over a year ago. Thanks for any information. 

2 hours ago, Amber Snowball said:

@Rosiegirl just reaching out to see if you were asked for a reference from an NMC nurse when you re-registered or if this is a new thing.  And could you provide one or did they offer an alternative? Can see you did this over a year ago. Thanks for any information. 

Glad you found this, I thought I had seen it at some point but couldn't find it again to refer you to it.

The professional bodies in the UK are under constant pressure by the govt to reduce standards to make it easier to recruit staff of lower and lower quality, so some just seem to impose requirements that seem to be restrictive across the board in order to just make it difficult to join, it's either that or the rules are just there to be administered blanket fashion by computers and the lowest, and cheapest, quality staff who haven't got either the wit or the power to make an assessment of someone's application. 

10 hours ago, BacktoDemocracy said:

Glad you found this, I thought I had seen it at some point but couldn't find it again to refer you to it.

The professional bodies in the UK are under constant pressure by the govt to reduce standards to make it easier to recruit staff of lower and lower quality, so some just seem to impose requirements that seem to be restrictive across the board in order to just make it difficult to join, it's either that or the rules are just there to be administered blanket fashion by computers and the lowest, and cheapest, quality staff who haven't got either the wit or the power to make an assessment of someone's application. 

Sounds about right! Pfft.?