Parley

Should Australia stop Muslim immigration in the wake of the terrorist atrocities overseas ?

Dont you just love the instant knee jerk reactions from the Islamaphobes ... still unable to delineate between terror and religion ...

Edited by gee13

"Once you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." :biggrin:

Well they need to shout a little harder and make themselves heard. Won't hold my breath though.

Whenever anything like this happens, various groups of Muslims (charities, administrative bodies, mosques etc.) come out in force to emphasise that these terrorists do not speak for them. Muslim friends and colleagues of mine are like "ugh, ffs... not again" and prepare for the inevitable backlash. Simultaneously, people like you demand to know why "no one has spoken up." Perhaps it is simply underreported when they do, since it doesn't make for a juicy headline in the Daily Mail...

I will say it again: these terrorist organisations kill infinitely more Muslims than non-Muslims. Additionally, terrorism is as much a worry for moderate Muslims (if not more so) as it is for the rest of us.

Prospective Marriage Visa (subclass 300) Applied 30/04/2016 | ACRO / AFP police checks 01/2016 | Medical 29/06/2016 | Visa granted 27/09/2016 | Married 17/05/2017

Partner Visa (subclass 801/820) Applied 20/05/2017 | Request for further information 12/06/2017 | Request for sponsor information 03/11/2017

It does occur to me that if a group decided they wanted to turn as many people as possible against a particular group of people - for whatever their reasons - then they would probably go about it in exactly the way that Daesh has. In documentaries I've seen and read about, it seems the members of this group are actually not religious at all themselves, they don't read the Quran, they are not practising muslims, and yet over the past few years they have steadily managed to turn more and more people against the religion and it's followers, innocent or not. I do wonder if all this hate and division is just playing into their hands and exactly what they want to happen...

I suspect there is a small group of opportunistic leaders reaping the benefits and that much of the organisation is composed of lackeys doing all the dirty work, led astray by the emotive ideology... much like any organised crime syndicate out there.

Prospective Marriage Visa (subclass 300) Applied 30/04/2016 | ACRO / AFP police checks 01/2016 | Medical 29/06/2016 | Visa granted 27/09/2016 | Married 17/05/2017

Partner Visa (subclass 801/820) Applied 20/05/2017 | Request for further information 12/06/2017 | Request for sponsor information 03/11/2017

No one mentioned deporting anyone. This is your idea you keep referring to.

No idea why.

What has been suggested is stopping any further Muslim immigration.

I want it all, and I want it now.

Whenever anything like this happens, various groups of Muslims (charities, administrative bodies, mosques etc.) come out in force to emphasise that these terrorists do not speak for them. Muslim friends and colleagues of mine are like "ugh, ffs... not again" and prepare for the inevitable backlash. Simultaneously, people like you demand to know why "no one has spoken up." Perhaps it is simply underreported when they do, since it doesn't make for a juicy headline in the Daily Mail...

I will say it again: these terrorist organisations kill infinitely more Muslims than non-Muslims. Additionally, terrorism is as much a worry for moderate Muslims (if not more so) as it is for the rest of us.

I did see a Muslim women in the street the other day, and I asked her to explain Vienna , and all she said was, 'it means nothing to me', pathetic.

Nearly there! Don't drop the ball now guys! Vaccines are weeks away. Stay safe!

No one mentioned deporting anyone. This is your idea you keep referring to.

No idea why.

What has been suggested is stopping any further Muslim immigration.

Well what good will that do? Do you think the Muslims currently here are different to the Muslims coming in? We have to deport them if we want to be safe.

It is true that we aren't safe now.

But deporting people would not be possible. Many have children born here now.

The best we can hope for is not to make the situation worse

Well they need to shout a little harder and make themselves heard. Won't hold my breath though.

ohhh please shut up....same as Catholics didn't shout about the IRA, same as white Christians do not rise up and shout about the far right fascists in the UK..its always the Muslim community aint it.

Drinking rum before 11am does not make you an alcoholic, it makes you pirate..

Yes make the situation worse by declaring to the world that muslims are not welcome here... Another Darwin award ....

"Once you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." :biggrin:

Maybe we should concentrate all the Muslims into some kind of camp area so we can keep an eye on them?

Seriously though, many of the true refugees have probably seen some pretty awful stuff, may have had stuff done to them or may have done stuff to others. It's quite possible that many of them are quite damaged mentally.

I know how we treat our returning soldiers when they display mental issues, often allowing them to go off the radar and become homeless.

I doubt we even come close to addressing the mental issues of refugees.

Isis prey on the mentally weak time and time again.

If only we weren't spending 50 billion pounds on a white elephant to stick under the north pole, we could address some of these issues with our soldiers and refugees.

This thread is about refugees in particular.

Maybe we should concentrate all the Muslims into some kind of camp area so we can keep an eye on them?

Please don't make jokes about such a serious issue.

I haven't noticed any right wing odd balls letting loose with an axe on a train recently. Nor have I seen a right wing odd ball shooting up a gay club or mowing down hundreds of people with a big truck. Or shooting up an office where people draw cartoons for a living or cutting off the head of their boss and sticking it on a spike outside his work place.

How many more before people get really angry?

Now you come to mention it, I certainly recall right wing odd balls, doing serious damage to innocents due to homophobic hatred. Look no further than the nail bomb in the West End last decade. The perp set of similar devices at other targets offensive to right wing sensitivity as well. Not to mention attacks in other countries like Norway and USA by right wing extremists.

As I mentioned I have never felt threatened by Muslims walking any street in Australia. Unlike Hanson and a few bigots on this forum.

Please don't make jokes about such a serious issue.

You really should learn to laugh at it. Comedy being the best medicine against the bigots and racists. The Aussie film ' Downunder' , could be a start to learn to laugh at the antics of Hanson and cohorts.

Well then if that is the case you have little to worry yourself about. This government being very selective in the intake from the Middle East, far more than elsewhere, with most being Christian refugees of late, regardless they being by far the greatest minority seeking refuge.

Wrong to say Australia is not very selective in immigration, as it has always been.

A shame the narrative is being driven yet again by the likes of Hanson, who doesn't appear much more informed than she was back in 96 or that ' celeb' Kruger woman mouthing off in ignorance to further her own self interest.

I meant to say this thread is NOT about refugees in particular.

I meant to say this thread is NOT about refugees in particular.

It would be interesting to know if Muslim terror is mainly caused by new arrivals, or children of new arrivals, when they arrived, and try and do some analysis on the data to try and find out the best way to tackle the situation. Most Muslims I know tend to be weekend Muslims when they go home on the weekend and piss heads during the week.

Maybe it's the internal conflict between the religion and our Western society causing the problems. Not helped by our unnecessary wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. (And we trust the government with trident? What a laugh!)

I watched a Syrian refugee program the other day. Father was a rebel leader who was caught by Isis and family had to flee without him. It was fairly civilised. None of this queuing at gates and stuff . They filled out the forms and went to Germany. When the eldest girl got there, she said she didn't want to be Muslim anymore. I expected her to be burnt at the stake, but the mother just accepted it.

Edited by newjez

It doesn't seem to be just a few bad one's who come in and then commit the acts.

But the young muslim's who may be perfectly fine to start with can become radicalised by bad elements.

So the greater the muslim population can lead to more radicals as there are more youth susceptible to becoming radicalised by the bad elements within the population.

If it was just the bad one's doing the acts would be bad enough but they are preaching to the youth and turning many of them bad.

It doesn't seem to be just a few bad one's who come in and then commit the acts.

But the young muslim's who may be perfectly fine to start with can become radicalised by bad elements.

So the greater the muslim population can lead to more radicals as there are more youth susceptible to becoming radicalised by the bad elements within the population.

If it was just the bad one's doing the acts would be bad enough but they are preaching to the youth and turning many of them bad.

I really don't know what they have got to be upset about? We give them a home, food, an education. It's not like we are ravaging their homelands for the benefit of corporate America is it. Where do these preachers of death get their ammunition to feed to the susceptible ?

This sort of thing doesn't help.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/07/19/us-air-strike-in-syria-kills-up-to-85-civilians-mistaken-for-isi/

If that was Mohammed's little sister in there, he might just say, where's my axe Eugene?

Edited by newjez

I really don't know what they have got to be upset about? We give them a home, food, an education. It's not like we are ravaging their homelands for the benefit of corporate America is it. Where do these preachers of death get their ammunition to feed to the susceptible ?

So you think it is all our fault too.

The extreme left propaganda of GGS.

I don't buy this argument that anything that has ever gone wrong in the world and all wars are always our fault.

But whatever helps you sleep at night I suppose.

Do you honestly believe Mohammed from Nice cares less about your theories.

Edited by parleycross

For the record, I used to volunteer at a refugee centre and one of the other volunteers was an Afghan dude who came to the UK aged 13 on his own - nobody else in his family could get there. He hadn't seen his mum since he left Afghanistan and he is now in his twenties. Now he works as an NHS nurse.

Now, last time I checked we kind of have a shortage of nursing staff (my mum is a senior NHS manager and bangs on about it all the time - her family came here after WWII!) so I'm pretty glad we didn't send this chap back for being Muslim.

Just thought I would share a positive story.

So you think it is all our fault too.

The extreme left propaganda of GGS.

I don't buy this argument that anything that has ever gone wrong in the world and all wars are always our fault.

But whatever helps you sleep at night I suppose.

Do you honestly believe Mohammed from Nice cares less about your theories.

No, I'm not saying it is our fault. There is no justification for revenge killings, they just make matters worse.

But if you want to solve a problem it is helpful to understand the cause.

When we kill civilians in battle then it does give hate preachers ammunition.

If we are going to stop terror attacks then we need to be a bit more discriminate with our bombing. We may even need to put troops on the ground if it reduces civilian casualties.

Otherwise we have to accept that as a result of the actions of our armed forces, we do have to accept a few civilian casualties of our own.

Just like the blitz, keep calm and carry on.

Just as long as we are fighting the wars for the right reasons, and not just to put money in the bank account of Mr Blair and his friends.

Have a look at the timeline for Islamic attacks

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Islamist_terrorist_attacks

In the decade before 1990, there were 10 attacks mainly on Islamic countries, Israel , or Israeli embassy.

In the decade After desert storm there were 34 attacks.

After Afghanistan and second Iraq war, there have been hundreds.

Now this may just be a coincidence, but it looks like there is a direct correlation between our military intervention into the middle East and the number of terror attacks.

It doesn't take rocket science to establish cause and effect, and we can see there is a civilian cost attributed to gaining control over the middle East.

If you didn't want terrorism, we shouldn't have asked for it.

Edited by newjez

No, I'm not saying it is our fault. There is no justification for revenge killings, they just make matters worse.

But if you want to solve a problem it is helpful to understand the cause.

When we kill civilians in battle then it does give hate preachers ammunition.

If we are going to stop terror attacks then we need to be a bit more discriminate with our bombing. We may even need to put troops on the ground if it reduces civilian casualties.

Otherwise we have to accept that as a result of the actions of our armed forces, we do have to accept a few civilian casualties of our own.

Just like the blitz, keep calm and carry on.

Just as long as we are fighting the wars for the right reasons, and not just to put money in the bank account of Mr Blair and his friends.

Have a look at the timeline for Islamic attacks

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Islamist_terrorist_attacks

In the decade before 1990, there were 10 attacks mainly on Islamic countries, Israel , or Israeli embassy.

In the decade After desert storm there were 34 attacks.

After Afghanistan and second Iraq war, there have been hundreds.

Now this may just be a coincidence, but it looks like there is a direct correlation between our military intervention into the middle East and the number of terror attacks.

It doesn't take rocket science to establish cause and effect, and we can see there is a civilian cost attributed to gaining control over the middle East.

If you didn't want terrorism, we shouldn't have asked for it.

If that's your theory what about Japan and Vietnam?they was butchered, had nuclear bombs dropped.and burnt by the U.S. But they don't hold a grudge.explain that!