Cost of taking Cat or Dog back?

hazeladie

Hey everyone,

Does anyone have the experience of taking their dog or cat back to the UK? We are looking to get a cat or dog (prob cat) but know we have to come back to the UK in a couple of years and will most def take with us. Is it costly? Stressful?? Any advice is appreciated [emoji1]

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

We are looking at a possible move back to uk and have a dog, as great as he is I probably wouldn't have got one knowing the hassle and cost involved on top of my our own costs and organising, but plenty do it and it goes well, all depends on how much you really want a pet right now. Costs alone from what I have read can be from $3000 upwards depending on size of animal.

Hey everyone,

Does anyone have the experience of taking their dog or cat back to the UK? We are looking to get a cat or dog (prob cat) but know we have to come back to the UK in a couple of years and will most def take with us. Is it costly? Stressful?? Any advice is appreciated [emoji1]

We moved a dog back in March. It was not difficult, but it is important to use a carrier company to get through the process. We used Dogtainers and they were excellent.

The cost, as mentioned above, depends on size of the crate which in turn depends on size of the dog. We shipped out chihuahua and it came to about $3000. There is no quarantine to do in the UK providing you jump through the hoops such as the rabies vaccine.

I would recomwnd you speak to Dogtainers well in advance of the move and get the crate to get him / her used to it.

We Took Two Dogs Back,It Cost $3200 All in,Fees at Heathrow Jabs,Grates Everything. Don't go with Dogtainers,JetPets .The Big carriers charge double,but by the time you go back it's anyone's guess what the cost will be in 2 years time.

We Took Two Dogs Back,It Cost $3200 All in,Fees at Heathrow Jabs,Grates Everything. Don't go with Dogtainers,JetPets .The Big carriers charge double,but by the time you go back it's anyone's guess what the cost will be in 2 years time.

Hi, who did you use for your dogs? Were they any good? We have had quotes about $4000 for one Labrador!! Thank you

We are moving back in a few weeks. We are using Jetpets - we have a medium size dog costing $3500. He has had to have a rabies jab and make sure all yearly jabs up to date. Some paperwork to be filled out but all easy and self explanatory. Jetpets are always helpful when I phone ... I'll update when we get home

Hi, who did you use for your dogs? Were they any good? We have had quotes about $4000 for one Labrador!! Thank you

That sounds about in the right ballpark tbh.

• 3 weeks later...

When did you move back? Thought you were still suffering in Gympie?

Hey everyone,

L

i just flew 3 border collies from Melbourne to London. About 7k all up using Jetpets and they flew QF9 which has a refuel stop in Dubai.

Jetpets were sensational. Be aware I heard of a horror story where wasn't old enough to fly on the airline the pet transport company and it wasn't Jetpets had booked him on. Ask loads of questions and make sure you're happy with the arrangements

• 4 weeks later...

Hello there, I am new at posting on this website / forum. I have lots of questions about moving from Perth to UK - my 2 cats are my biggest concern. I see you recommended not to use JetPets - any reason or just costs? Can I ask who you used and did you get many quotes?

Thank you

Sue

Hi, we have just used Jetpets - 10 days ago. Sydney to London. Everything ran smoothly and we collected our dog as soon as our flight landed, he flew Qantas QF1 via Dubia. It cost 3800k. Would thoroughly recommend Jetpets.

Louis our dog took it all in his stride and hasn't been upset or affected by the big changes .... I'm sure he is missing the beach tho!!!

Thank you - can I ask if you got other quotes and was there much difference. Also was there any particular reason you used JetPets as opposed to others? The route / airline they use, price, read good reports etc.

My cats are going to stress as cats don't like traveling in cars like dogs (wish they were chilled about travelling).

In terms of picking your dog up at the other end - was there long wait or just hour or so and was there option of getting dog delivered to home address?

Thank you for the input.

Hi, yes I did get other quotes - they were all around the same price - give or take $300. I did a lot of research online. Also, all the companies whom we got quotes for to transport our furniture back all recommended Jetpets.

Our flight home was 6 hours behind Qf1 - as soon as we landed we went straight to the animal collection depot and picked Louis up - we had to wait about 20 mins.

I did read some horror stories online about Jetpets but I know whichever company I choose I would be concerned ....it is stressful but all I can say is Louis has shown no signs of being affected by the ordeal.

Hey everyone,

Hi We used JetPets - can't fault them - very friendly and efficient and we collected our dog a couple of hours early the next morning after he landed - he was none the worse - cost around $4000 (he is quite big). Good luck with your choice