You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Beaty

What age were you when you emigrated proper to Australia?

So, not the Visa Validation or Reccie. The actual age when you stepped on Aussie soil, full of gumption and ready to make your millions!

B

PS: Let's keep it curt, maybe even numbers please (your age, and the number of millions you made!)

190 State Nomination (65 + 5 = 70 pts) | Primary Teacher | AITSL Skills Assessment submitted 10 04 '16 | Successful AITSL Skills Assessment 10 06 '16 | Recce to Mellie August 2016 | IELTS result 27 08 '16 (Av. 8.5) | State Nomination Application lodged 31 08 '16 | State Teaching Registration approved 23 12 '16 | State Nomination approved 23 01 '16 | EOI lodged 13 05 '17 | Invitation to apply received 15 05 '17 | Visa application lodged 03 07 '17 | CO allocated, medicals requested 24 07 '17 | Medicals completed 31 08 '17 | OMG! Visa Grant 28 09 '17 - we're Aussie Residents!!! Wahoo!

2 little ducks.

Cheers, Bobj.

Feb 2010 Prospective Marriage Visa | Nov 2010 Temporary Partner Visa | Nov 2012 Permanent Partner Visa | Jan 2015 Australian Citizenship

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away :smile:

44 and a bit. Round figure $m?????????????????? better off than if stayed in UK, in fact way better off.

Edited by Keith and Linda
extra test

Enjoying life in Queensland

So, not the Visa Validation or Reccie. The actual age when you stepped on Aussie soil, full of gumption and ready to make your millions!

I was 32 when I stepped on Aussie soil, but I didn't make millions. And frankly, anyone who steps on the plane with the expectation of being better off financially in Australia should step straight back off the plane again! There are many good things about the lifestyle but it's not a place to earn a better income any more, except for a few occupations.

Edited by Marisawright

Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke

Timeline: 309/100 Sent 7/8/13, Money Taken 9/8/13, CO appointed 3/9/13. Med 3/12/13. Police check 4/12/13. VISA GRANTED 8/4/14, Subclass100. Recce August 2014. Arrived 30 July 2015.

39. Didn't expect to be coming to make millions though. Didn't really know what to expect as we hadn't been before, the agency people I spoke to told us not to come to Perth as unemployment was high in 92. We liked the look and climate of Perth though and came anyway. We knew it would take hard work and luck but we've never looked back. Best decision we ever made.

26 - good age to come I reckon. All bright eyed and bushy tailed with a couple of babies in tow. Husband was 32

27. Still working on first million

18 months. No millions made.

Don't be so hard on yourself. I think you may hit a million posts one day.

18 months. No millions made.

not everyone succeeds here.

Some go back with tail between legs.

I want it all, and I want it now.

not everyone succeeds here.

Some go back with tail between legs.

Why did you quote my post ? Was it just another of your disgusting digs at people ? You really are loathsome.

Loving life in Gods Country. Woohoo, look at me. 

1981 AT 31. Several. :-)

Yay! Someone who made 'it' in Oz!

B

190 State Nomination (65 + 5 = 70 pts) | Primary Teacher | AITSL Skills Assessment submitted 10 04 '16 | Successful AITSL Skills Assessment 10 06 '16 | Recce to Mellie August 2016 | IELTS result 27 08 '16 (Av. 8.5) | State Nomination Application lodged 31 08 '16 | State Teaching Registration approved 23 12 '16 | State Nomination approved 23 01 '16 | EOI lodged 13 05 '17 | Invitation to apply received 15 05 '17 | Visa application lodged 03 07 '17 | CO allocated, medicals requested 24 07 '17 | Medicals completed 31 08 '17 | OMG! Visa Grant 28 09 '17 - we're Aussie Residents!!! Wahoo!

Yes there could be some exaggeration I think lol

Loving life in Gods Country. Woohoo, look at me. 

It is pretty hard not to be a millionaire if you include the value of your house and your superannuation.

I want it all, and I want it now.