Guest nikki6999

garden & pool maintenance in rentals

Guest nikki6999

Hi... Looking at rentals in Aus, some have garden & pool included in rent

Garden maintenance looks like its lawn mowing ect

Pool maintenance, I presume this means maintaining pool but most adds say

"Chemicals at expense of tenant"..... Has anyone else ever come accross

this or home owners of pools.. How much would it cost for regular chemical for a pool

in general... Any help on the pool of additional info or comments on garden/lawn maintenacnce appreciated :chatterbox:

Can only offer this as a guide. We live in Robina, Gold Coast and I pay a garden maintainance fella $30 an hr once a month (in autumn/winter) to come and cut the grass and tidy over the beds - only takes about an hour max anyway. There is no reason why you can't do it yourself if you like, guess it depends on personal preference and size of garden!

As for chemicals for pool, am sure someone else will be able to help out more with costs but I can only say that there are not many rentals available with own pools.

If you really want a rental with a pool then the cheapest option might be to look at homes on complexes - likely to be a townhouse or duplex whereby there would be a pool on site (along with other facilities) that you have use of without the worry of maintaining.

Lyn x

we live in North Lakes and pay $70 for a man to come around once a month. he cleans the pool by sweeping it, removing leaves from the surface and checking the chemical levels. he's here for about 1/2 to 3/4 hour and does a very good job. now it's winter, we'll be reducing it to once every 6 weeks. you could do it yourself though, you can take a bottle of pool water to a pool shop and they tell you what you need to add/reduce.

It's more work than you think but the pool is really important to us in the summer.

hope that helps.

No customers can maintain their own pool, water chemistry is not that hard with a salt water pool as long as you understand the dangers.

Visa Applied 25/5/11, GRANTED 16/9/11 Now Living the Dream In Perth:jiggy:

Guest widesheds

I would agree on that, I too think that one could do the pool maintenance on their own provided that one has the required information about it. I would also consider talking with the others in the locality who have been doing it themselves as they will be able to provide better inputs.

Guest Guest62757

With our first house pool and garden maintenance was included. This meant the gardener came 2 weeks in the summer to mow, blow and if you are lucky spray the weeds, and monthly in the winter. The same applies for the pool. They landlord would pay the $75 service charge and we would get invoiced separately for the chemicals which for a salt water pool was about $30-52 a visit.

I have my own pool now and it costs me with a service charge of $65 and anywhere from $65-$130 depending on what chemicals, bags of salt are needed.

Also edited to add if you look after it yourself you do need to keep on top of it especially if it is a chlorine pool. You only have to have a period of heavy rain that puts the ph balance out and bam you've got algae or worse black spot which costs a fortune to get corrected - I'm talking from experience !

In a rental is normal for the landlord of a rental to request a company come and maintain the people, they will pay for the call out/labour ,you pay for the chemicals. Its a good way to learn whats what for when you get your own place incase it too has a pool.

Cal x

If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place...

If you get a chance,take it, If it changes your life,let it. Nobody said it would be easy they just said it would be worth it...