How to find If I come under ICT Major or ICT Minor for ACS

aus007

Hello All,

I have a MSc IT from UK and a B.Tech (Electronics & Communication ) from India . Does my qualification come under ICT Major or ICT Minor as per ACS (Australian Computing society). So far I have about 2 yrs of Web development experience and 2 yrs of Freelance web development & SEO experience.

Thanks

Hi Aus007,

I can see you've posted a couple of times about what's involved in an ACS skills assessment.

Suggest you read the ACS guidelines carefully, see https://www.acs.org.au/migration-skills-assessment/information-for-applicants .

Also keep in mind that web development and SEO work may not be within an occupation currently on the SOL, that state sponsorship for some states is problematic in IT at the moment, and that the points requirement for some IT occupations is currently over 65.

Cheers,

George Lombard

• 1 year later...

Hi George, 

I came across your response here. I am from IT field as well and planning to apply on ACS. When you mentioned that some IT occupations are currently over 65, what IT fields are exactly requiring over 65 and you might have any relative links which complies to the mentioned? 

Appreciate your response a head. 

Taha

Edited by Taha shokouhi